ma10s turbo charger from ma10et

here i have the details of the ma10et engine and the ma10s which is the engine in my micra i want to know how much it would cost me to get all the necessary parts to turbo my ma10s has anyone else done this and does anyone have parts for sale as i would like to start buying as soon as possible

MA10ET

Main article: Nissan MA10ET

MA10ET engine
The Nissan MA10ET powered the Figaro and March Turbo.
Displacement: 987 cc (60.2 cubic inch)
Bore: 68 mm (2.7 in)
Stroke: 68 mm (2.7 in)
Maximum power: 74 bhp (55 kW; 75 PS) / 6000 rpm
Maximum torque: 78 ft·lbf (106 N·m) at 4400 rpm
Compression ratio: 8.0:1
March Turbo Type 1 (A-1) Engine Photograph
[edit]MA10S

Main article: MA10S

MA10S engine from a '90 Nissan Micra
The MA10S is an engine with an electronically controlled carburetor. It was used in the Be-1 and 1989 Micra and Pao.
Displacement: 987 cc (60.2 cubic inch)
Bore: 68 mm (2.7 in)
Stroke: 68 mm (2.7 in)
Maximum Power: 52 hp (39 kW) / 6000 rpm
Maximum Torque: 74.53 N·m (54.97 ft·lbf) / 3600 rpm
Compression Ratio: 9.5

its possible mate yeah but you just gotta ask yourself have you got the patience or have time to set up the carb i.e. jetting ect? if the answer is yeah then go for it. it can work well if done properly. when i did mine if found the carb held the boost and didn't leak. however when i got up into the revs it started to spit and cough so i would say the carb needed jetting and a electric fuel pump is a must imo. also have you looked at just getting a MA10ET? cheaper and better option would be to chuck a CG13 in running injection and just turbo that because 1. you will get more power than a MA10ET or a turbo'd ma10s 2. its cheaper:p

i think i should just start putting money away and save for a nissan figaro engine i
have a apexi turbo timer and a greddy mechanical boost gauge lying about so thatl jus be a little reminder

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
i think i should just start putting money away and save for a nissan figaro engine i
have a apexi turbo timer and a greddy mechanical boost gauge lying about so thatl jus be a little reminder

The fig engine will be the easiest way mate but you will need all the other bits that go with it to run it

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
can you enlighten me on this please lol

Well I'm guessing your running the injection system an the fig engine, the E in the MA10ET is for electronic ignition iirc meaning you'll be needing the loom and ecu, all the sensors etc, basically you'll need all the bits under the bonnet mate

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
dont hold your breath tho :grinning: a yard in brum wanted £850 for an untested fig engine/box etc

In deed, don't hold your breath, and do hold your pants, as they'll be getting pulled down when you ask the price lol
It's probably more cost effective to go cg, I'm only doing an ma12st for a laugh then I'll be doing a ca18/sr20 det swap (yep through the rears)

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
the turbo is 350 alone so it isnt really that bad and i think it will be worth it in the end

350 for a tiny turbo! You can get a t25/t28 for less than 100, gt28r for around 300
You'd be better off swapping to a t25 as if the fig turbo blows up which it will it's 350 a go, where as welding a different t25 flange on the manifold and modified elbow in the long run will be cheaper, and much easier to upgrade further!
I believe you can get a similar turbo as the fig one on a vitara I think

the turbo is 350 alone so it isnt really that bad and i think it will be worth it in the end

:eek: wtf. you could get a sr20 for that fwn. seriously if you can afford that by all means go ahead but you will be getting ripped off. honestly you would be better going down the CG13 route than the MA10ET route. its your car at the end of the day mate but there isn't that much for the MA's. and i take it your going down the turbo route for more umph. with a bit of cash you can push onwards of 150bhp from a MA but you can get a CG well over 200bhp. but yeah as the other guys said vitara use's ht10. your choice your car mate but either way you go don't forget the pic's(Y)

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
:eek: wtf. you could get a sr20 for that fwn. seriously if you can afford that by all means go ahead but you will be getting ripped off. honestly you would be better going down the CG13 route than the MA10ET route. its your car at the end of the day mate but there isn't that much for the MA's. and i take it your going down the turbo route for more umph. with a bit of cash you can push onwards of 150bhp from a MA but you can get a CG well over 200bhp. but yeah as the other guys said vitara use's ht10. your choice your car mate but either way you go don't forget the pic's(Y)

You can get a whole primera GT for that!!! Lol!
150bhp out the box with no mods, get some pulsar bits bolted on and be running close to or more than 200bhp, I bet it would cost less to do this conversion including the car, than it would dropping a fig running gear in! Plus ma10et's are pretty low bhp

You can get a whole primera GT for that!!! Lol!
150bhp out the box with no mods, get some pulsar bits bolted on and be running close to or more than 200bhp, I bet it would cost less to do this conversion including the car, than it would dropping a fig running gear in! Plus ma10et's are pretty low bhp

totally agree with that prims can be got for penny's and as you say he would have everything he needed. and the torque would be crazy in a 650kg car would be more like 750 or so kg's with the sr20 as there about 140 odd kg's aint they when N/A? would be nice to see another another sr20 in a k10 aswell. it would be better left N/A imo tho and i don't think it would ruin the characteristics to much as there not as heavy as people think with them being a all ally lump. bit of chassis strengthening and you will be laughing cause not much will touch it. my sunny gti was over a 1000kg's and it would woop 2.0l nova's bla bla.

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
totally agree with that prims can be got for penny's and as you say he would have everything he needed. and the torque would be crazy in a 650kg car would be more like 750 or so kg's with the sr20 as there about 140 odd kg's aint they when N/A? would be nice to see another another sr20 in a k10 aswell. it would be better left N/A imo tho and i don't think it would ruin the characteristics to much as there not as heavy as people think with them being a all ally lump. bit of chassis strengthening and you will be laughing cause not much will touch it. my sunny gti was over a 1000kg's and it would woop 2.0l nova's bla bla.

There's not a lot of point in tuning the sr20 na though for a few thousand quid you can get 200ish bhp I mean serious head work if not a full ve swap which ain't cheap, or for a couple hundred get the same and a much larger tuning scope from a pulsar turbo.

yeah mine was standard except from exhaust and filter i wouldn't dream of doing out to it lol unless i had cash for a ve. i was gonna go for the ve head but ended up swapping the car for the k10 as the rot got to bad :( i had the red top prim lump in the sunny and ill say i was more than happy with it for b-road blasting. bit understeery when it was pushed but nothing a bit of throttle control dint sort lol. i wouldn't think twice about selling the k10 for a bit of cash towards another s13 tho.

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
yeah mine was standard except from exhaust and filter i wouldn't dream of doing out to it lol unless i had cash for a ve. i was gonna go for the ve head but ended up swapping the car for the k10 as the rot got to bad :( i had the red top prim lump in the sunny and ill say i was more than happy with it for b-road blasting. bit understeery when it was pushed but nothing a bit of throttle control dint sort lol. i wouldn't think twice about selling the k10 for a bit of cash towards another s13 tho.

Indeed 180sx red top sr :D

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
so if i got a cg13 engine how much would it cost me too turbo that
and 150 bhp from a ma10et could you explain how that is possible

I'd imagine it wouldn't be cheap, uprated rods, pistons, etc etc
If its power you want and your not bothered about keeping it in the K10 family, then your best bet is transplant in a bigger engine there's no replacement for displacement ;) sticking a turbo on a tiny engine is great for power but it can only be pushed so far before it gets expensive and unreliable! Id be seriously considering CG, CA, SR swap! There's a guy selling a sunny gti engine which came with a FWD CA18DE engine as standard! (N12 iirc) in Birmingham I'm tempted to buy it myself! Either that or cherry turbo e15 motor, bluebird turbo ca18, bluebird 1600/1800 none turbo although single cam iirc

just saw the prices for cg13 engines think im going to get one of them lol would i need to change my gearbox or cud i just stick with the 4 speed in my micra

you can use your box mate but if your turboing aswell it wont last lol you may aswell get the cg box. you have to cut you gear linkage selector bar and turn it 90 degrees and weld it back up. if you get a cg13 you will need a cg10 flywheel and clutch unless you put the 1.3 box on and mod the driveshafts. the cg10 in mine was pretty much a bolt in but ive gone down the carb route. so ive missed out on the wiring.

theres an ma10et engine in eddie torrens in ballymoney but sure its pretty usless as has no turbo or loom:( , you would be much better going far the cg transplant, bits easier got and wont cost you a fortune or take ages to build

theres an ma10et engine in eddie torrens in ballymoney but sure its pretty usless as has no turbo or loom:( , you would be much better going far the cg transplant, bits easier got and wont cost you a fortune or take ages to build

exactly mate theres nothing wrong with ma's there just a bit dated now and the parts are mainly all custom these days i would never think about doing the swap. i would import a proper march super turbo and leave it alone but i would never dream of chucking the engine in a normal k10 and going nuts on it. im not bragging i have been in some really quick jap stuff no offense to the turbo k10's but they would be swallowed up ten times over :laugh: there again the k10's remind me of the 205's quick round the twisties. i bet a super turbo goes like a 1.6 gti 205 when it see's a back road. its just the lack of them parts and when the parts are got the lack of funds to by the tea in with lol. its just what ever the guy wants tho i suppose. pay more for a straight fit engine and then have the expenses of wiring it in or pay less and have the engine made to fit and get the wiring done ect. i really don't know what would work out more cause i don't know how much the guy could do his self or if he knows anyone that could do it cheap. but i do know that a cg,ga16,sr20 or ca18 would be the cheapest and best bet and the part supply is sweet for these engines. although i like to stay clear of the ca18 cause of the weak bottom end i do still think it would be a wicked motor in the k10. and don't forget stronger bearings can be got (Y)

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
exactly mate theres nothing wrong with ma's there just a bit dated now and the parts are mainly all custom these days i would never think about doing the swap. i would import a proper march super turbo and leave it alone but i would never dream of chucking the engine in a normal k10 and going nuts on it. im not bragging i have been in some really quick jap stuff no offense to the turbo k10's but they would be swallowed up ten times over :laugh: there again the k10's remind me of the 205's quick round the twisties. i bet a super turbo goes like a 1.6 gti 205 when it see's a back road. its just the lack of them parts and when the parts are got the lack of funds to by the tea in with lol. its just what ever the guy wants tho i suppose. pay more for a straight fit engine and then have the expenses of wiring it in or pay less and have the engine made to fit and get the wiring done ect. i really don't know what would work out more cause i don't know how much the guy could do his self or if he knows anyone that could do it cheap. but i do know that a cg,ga16,sr20 or ca18 would be the cheapest and best bet and the part supply is sweet for these engines. although i like to stay clear of the ca18 cause of the weak bottom end i do still think it would be a wicked motor in the k10. and don't forget stronger bearings can be got (Y)

Ca18's are bullet proof mate, SR's blow just as many bottom ends! In fact I've had allot more sr20dets spin a shell than in a CA18

Ca18's are bullet proof mate, SR's blow just as many bottom ends! In fact I've had allot more sr20dets spin a shell than in a CA18

ah guess im just unlucky :laugh: the bottom end in my old s13 knocked like hell there again it was probably ragged and not looked after cause the guy i got it off was a ### lol. ive herd about them spinning bearings at around 80000k but i suppose like you say it can happen in anything. im not slating the ca18 tho my mate had one in a bluebird a few years ago and what an engine. was gutted when the cam belt let go at 120mph i wasn't in it when it did but my mate said he never s*** his self so much in his life :laugh: i would have bought it but i had no where to store it :(

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
ah guess im just unlucky :laugh: the bottom end in my old s13 knocked like hell there again it was probably ragged and not looked after cause the guy i got it off was a ### lol. ive herd about them spinning bearings at around 80000k but i suppose like you say it can happen in anything. im not slating the ca18 tho my mate had one in a bluebird a few years ago and what an engine. was gutted when the cam belt let go at 120mph i wasn't in it when it did but my mate said he never s*** his self so much in his life :laugh: i would have bought it but i had no where to store it :(

That's the only real weakness between the CA and SR that the ca is belt driven :( but IMO the CA makes a much nicer noise!! Like a 4 pot RB engine, which it is lol as it is derived from an RB

yeah really cant fault it on the sound sr's don't sound to bad but it has to be a det for me to like it lol not really a lover of the raspy rattle sound unless it its a proper race tuned ve (Y)