Lowering the front.

Hi' yall. Still trying to get my front lowered. Sniffed around all over the place for something to drop the front by 40/45mmm.
Best shot so far is ebay. Loads of second hand gear on there, but nothing specifically for a Micra.
My question is.......are there any other springs that I can lower her with, you know....Corsa, Polo, A. N. Other ???

polo 6n coilovers with minimum mods fit or you could just chop a couple of coils off
I am getting tempted to "chop a couple off" One geezer said its all down to the angle you cut them, and he's done loads with no problems.
What mods to the polo's ???

Springs arrived today :D went and seen the fitter and all booked in for Monday.
While he's doing that, I said stick a couple of new tyres on as well, going lower on them as well - 185x50x14 instead of the 60 profile.
My arse is going to be sending out them sparks. :eek:
Got a nice 130 mile drive on Tuesday, I'll be checking them corners out...barp, barp (or was it brap, brapo_O)

Ba hum bug.........Matiz rear springs do not fit the front of a k11 - too wide.
Hoping to get a special deal on coilovers.....find out tomorrow.
Put 185x55x14s on, at least it made the car level, dropped the front by 8mm, so something came out of the day at least.

Last edited:
yes mate, or alto eh
Ok buddy, I'm on the case in one minute flat.....cheers.:D
Just out of interest Frank, your thread WDYDTYMT you know the one.....is racing to one million hits.
Out of interest, just been on ebay for the springs, looks like Argos are the biggest supplier for these, and Alto springs ?
Any particular springs on the Alto....front, rear, year ?

Last edited:
Hi Davyboy, I can't put the photo in my original wanted post?? anyway-----this is what's left of the tray, a facelift tray wont fit.....

Attachments

• WP_20151111_11_21_43_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151111_11_21_43_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 179
  • WP_20151111_11_21_29_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151111_11_21_29_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 216
Earlier Alto rear springs Davy. The later ones are barrel shaped iirc.
Ha, may have the wrong springs again!!! they looked ok in the picture, narrow at both ends. If not....I'll have to buy another set of something.
My shed will look like a spring shop by the time I find the right ones....LOL

Hi Davyboy, I can't put the photo in my original wanted post?? anyway-----this is what's left of the tray, a facelift tray wont fit.....
I see what you mean. Yup, they are the real oldies, with the outer housing going down the side.
They had one of them out there about 3 weeks ago, I had the tacho speedo of it. I'll go out over the week end and see if its still there.
Fingers crossed, they haven't crushed it. I'll let you know mate.

Just checked the details of the springs, they're from a 2002/2007 model. Number of springs look the same.
Reckon I've cracked it ;)

Got my springs on Saturday, checked them against the originals, the ends are the same size/width so look like a fit.
Two coils less than the originals, so down she goes....booked into the fitters on Tuesday.
DSC_0076_zpsnjdkr2jn.jpg

Ha, ha......down she goes. Pity about those new tyres on the front, they don't fill the arch how I'd like. May put some bigger ones back on....thinking about it.
I'm going to try this set up for a while, but may go back to the dragster look on my old girl, now she could corner big time....thinking about that as well.....we'll see.
DSC_0080_zpsrl65kq7r.jpg

Back