Lowering Springs

OP
OP
dmaster
79.99, just got paid my weeks wag £100 lol didnt want to spend it all
you got a panhard rod? i need on before fitting the springs lol

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
I lowered my car today, the rears are a piece of cake if no rusty bolts are found (i found none thank god) it's literally a half hour job. Fronts are harder and i'd suggest that once youve got the front struts out, you take them to a garage where they can just whizz the top nut off and on for you, this cost me a fiver and was well worth it.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
I never had one on my K11 and I don't recall the rear wheels ever looked out of place :).

titz

my new heels are no good for driving
how much difference is a 60mm drop then? is 35mm drop worth it or would 60 be better?
and im a bit confused by the panhard rod talk....

frank

Club Member
how much difference is a 60mm drop then? is 35mm drop worth it or would 60 be better?
and im a bit confused by the panhard rod talk....

the panhard rod pushes the axle to one side if you lower the car (about 4mm with a 35mm drop, and about 8mm with a 60mm drop)
attachment.php

Attachments

• 200px-Panhard_rod.jpg
    200px-Panhard_rod.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 560

frank

Club Member
Frank are these numbers right mate, or just to give an idea about it :eek:

they,re an educated guess lol :grinning: (give or take a mil or two)
i have an 8mm different offset on my 2 back wheels, and they are now level with the arches @ 60mm drop

Stani1029

Club Member
basically when i had no springs on my last micra. the arch gap on one side was nothing and on the other side was about 2 fingers. so when going more then 35mm it is needed but i wouldnt say it was dangerous.

DMASTER i have a stock panhard rod if you need it? it basically fell off my car when unbolted which amazed me lol