Lowering springs 40mm wanted

OP
OP
Salzam100
Hi guys I have just this minute got back from the garage after 1 hours work removing the suspension and cutting the springs
2 coils from the front and 2 cold from the back .
The fronts are fine and look great but...... The back springs are not long enough to sit in place so we held them in the correct place then let the jack down which kinda sorted it .
I think I now need some shorter shockers for the rear which would keep the spring in its place any suggestion?
I have also noticed that there is a full set for sale matis/ corsa and and II will be finding out about those but in the meantime any advice would be great !

If the fronts are captive just get some corsa b struts for the rear, that way the drop and spring rate is roughly even and all captive.

OP
OP
Salzam100
Firstly I have no idea what captive is ?
And number two , would I just need some rear shock absorbers from a corsa b ?
If I was to go over a humped hill to quickly the rear springs will fall out lol.
Also thanks guys for the replies too muchos gracias !

Captive is when the springs stay in with the car totally lifted and no weight on them. Corsa b shocks are shorter so prevent your shorter cut springs dropping out like you said. As far as fitting corsa shocks goes there is a little work to do but its easy especially at a mechanics, just modding the bottom mount to fit micra width and then fit a smaller retaining bolt.