Lowering & Brake Discs

Primal_Concrete_Micra

Ex. Club Member
Hey guys,

I just purchased some 15" rims for my k11 and was wondering if anybody can advise me on lowering the car, how much i should lower by and any recommendations for springs.

Also lookin to replace my front brake discs, any recommendations for these, dont wanna buy any cheap crap from ebay to find its no good!

lowering depends on profile tyre aswell!!! but 15's are usually fine on a 30-35mil drop!!!!

depends what your after brake wise!! performance or better than standard etc?
you can upgrade the brakes from a micra to Almera brakes!!

i wanted better brakes due to the extar power of my micra so went for brembo brakes with black diamond pads!! was abit expensive but worth it imo!!!

Attachments

• DSC00680.JPG
    DSC00680.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC00706.JPG
    DSC00706.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 195
I got 195/45.15 tyres with the rims, i thought 35mm would be fine, any ideas which springs to get, im relatively new to car modding so any advice would be good.

brake wise im not really looking for too much improvement in performance as mmy engine is still standard, so no extra power to try and stop! just something that does the job well!

as "sonic" said.....springs go from that price upwards.....but if you want uprated dampers then its more and then coilovers are expensive!!!
depends what your after!!!

then you can get a panhard rod, anti-roll bars etc and have the micra handling like a beast!

not sure then regarding brakes bud.......

brakes wise id advise to upgrade to somethin a bit more hear resistent.

i got OMP vented discs and omp sport pads.

standard micra brakes are prone to "fading" on heavy use...

im sure that even mintex discs and with EBC Greenstuff pads, this would give you a good high heat resistent braking system

ummm.........i agree with you sonic...but id have to say that the almera upgarde is good for any micra really whether high performacne or standard...and most uprated disks and pads are there for higher performance but as urs is standard any upgarde you do will be awesome for a 1.0L!

can i ask why you want to upgarde then?

my old discs are ready for replacement, i though i may as well sort them out while im doing the rims, kill two birds with one stone!! will fitting the almera brakes mean changing my calipers also?

my old discs are ready for replacement, i though i may as well sort them out while im doing the rims, kill two birds with one stone!! will fitting the almera brakes mean changing my calipers also?

i guess we didnt state that.....its the "almera caliper" upgrade you do!!! and then of course the almera disks etc!!!!

so yeah you will change the micra calipers for almera ones!!!! a couple of 1or2mil washers are needed to make fit properly!!

im sure sonic will be able to state the correct size :blush:

thanks for all your help, i may get a couple of pictures up when ive done it all, if non members can upload pictures!!

no problem regarding help!!! me and swiper work well as a team.....haha lol :laugh:

be cool to see pics and yes you can upload pics but have to be from an external site like "photobucket"!!!

any more help then just ask :blush:

If you want serious stopping get a parachute to pop outta the boot, dragster style....
I thought if you upgrade the calipers you had to upgrade the brake cylinders...?

Back