Lowering / alloys

Hi all
I would like to Lower the car slightly ( not boy racer lowering) and put on some nice alloys.. 16’s?
Anyone any suggestions on this or have they done it.. pics would be nice too to look at if anyone has any.
Thanks
John

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
I would like the car to look like this if anyone know any info on the wheels
You do not appear to have uploaded a picture..... ☹
My Sport + looks like this, with 16" wheels (standard fitment), and all springs replaced with a set from a 160SR, which lowered the car about 25mm.....

Micra latest.jpg

I see your car is a sport+.. mine isn’t ! It’s the micra inita! 2007..I think it’s called..
So would the spring you put on suit me.. do inner to change shocks too

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
I see your car is a sport+.. mine isn’t ! It’s the micra inita! 2007..I think it’s called..
So would the spring you put on suit me.. do inner to change shocks too
From the factory the Sport + has exactly the same springs and shocks as your car, so yes the 160SR springs are a straight swap. When I fitted mine I did change the rear shocks to these Koni's......... the fronts are still the originals....
Koni shocks.jpg

Got you now!
so the micra sport and mine Have the same springs /shocks..
But the 160sr hasn’t! ..
So I should look for 160sr springs?
Sorry to be a complete novice

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Got you now!
so the micra sport and mine Have the same springs /shocks..
But the 160sr hasn’t! ..
So I should look for 160sr springs?
Sorry to be a complete novice
The 160SR springs are from the 'Sports' suspension package, (which confusingly is NOT fitted to the 'other 'Sport' range of K12 Micras, only to the 1.6 160SR and later badged SR Sport K12's) The springs lower a standard car about 25mm, but more importantly have a different, stiffer, spring rate..... The Sports springs have a different colour code on the coils to the standard springs which are coded, Front R/H White& Yellow, Front L/H White & Pink, Rear R/H and L/H are marked Blue. The Sports springs are marked Front R/H White & Brown, Front L/H White & Green and the rear springs, R/H and L/H are marked Purple..... Interestingly Nissan appear to have allowed for different weight distribution on the R/H and L/H front axles and fitted slightly different spring to each side, something that no cheap after market lowering springs have taken into account......... :rolleyes: The above information should stop you getting fobbed off with non Sports Suspension springs.....:cool:

I'm not even close to change my springs but I'm searching for heavy duty springs on ebay and came across these.
will they fit? unsure,
ends really soon...not new but is cheap enough for condition. have a look
Renault Clio Sport 172 182 Eibach Pro Line Lowering Springs

Shame they not red..

Last edited:

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
I'm not even close to change my springs but I'm searching for heavy duty springs on ebay and came across these.
will they fit? unsure,
ends really soon...not new but is cheap enough for condition. have a look
Renault Clio Sport 172 182 Eibach Pro Line Lowering Springs

Shame they not red..
I did toy with the idea of trying to find some standard OEM Clio Sport 172/182 springs which should be a straight swap with the K12 ones, but then the 160SR ones came up.....

From the factory the Sport + has exactly the same springs and shocks as your car, so yes the 160SR springs are a straight swap. When I fitted mine I did change the rear shocks to these Koni's......... the fronts are still the originals....
View attachment 71254

Hello, Thanks for the info and picture of your orange konis.

After looking into ride comfort, discovered when I put eibach pro springs on (perfect ride height for a micra, looks wise), I should have either had the koni orange rear shocks put in, or the bilstein b8s.

Went for the b8s, as specifically for lowering. Konis would be best for standard 160sr springs, due to shear quality.

Might get the new wheels afterwards. Dont like low profiles, looks or handling. Best wheel I've come up with so far is a ronal 5 spoke, with a 14 inch wheel. 185 60 14.

It must be an age thing with higher profiles ?

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
Lowering of my Micra vehicle.
Was done with E10-63-010-01-22 Eibach Pro-Kit Federn für Tieferlegung NISSAN MICRA III 25-30mm . With original tire size 185/50-16, diameter 591mm, clearance from wheel to fender is ~45mm. For SR160 lowering is 25-30mm with linked springs, that's low enough for me on Finnish roads and speed bumps with 16" wheels. I don't need to dramatically slow down when driving to speed bumbs, drive ways/yard roads and no rubbing to inner fenders.
And these springs includes TUV-certificate in order to pass Finnish MOT.

14863257.jpg