Lower brake light not working on 1999 Micra 1.0 petrol

Hi,

I have a 1999 Micra and my lower rear brake light is not working - well, I think it's a brake light. It's on the RHS, bottom bulb (below the indicator light).

Is this also a brake light? The bulb is good and the contacts seem good too. The top bulb (brake/tail light) comes on when you press the brake, it's just this bottom bulb.

I've tried finding an answer elsewhere online via google to see what's up but no luck. Would anyone have a suggestion as to what might be up? I'm thinking of leaving in with the Nissan mechanic nearby this week otherwise.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Believe it is the rear fog light you are looking at. Left hand side will be the reverse light. Rear fog light will only come on if your lights are switched on and the fog light switch is on as well.

Third brake light is in rear window (if fitted). On my 2000 model, it is on the bottom of the rear windscreen, others have it fitted to the top of the screen.

Jeff

Thanks a million, Jthspace!

It is indeed the rear fog light - I had turned them on but until I put the front lights on to low beam, the rear fog light doesn't come on. I thought it was a brake light all this time...

Back