• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

low, slow & stickered

hello all been on here for a while now but never posted so thought i would make a blog on my car so here it goes. Brought this little micra about a year ago now as my first jap car its loads of fun to drive. So i have done quite abit to her over the last year and hoping to do alot more especially the mechanical side of things. hoping to get it slightly lower and smooth all the panels so no door handels locks or anything. hope you all like it so far

how she looked when I brought her
DSCF1029.jpg

DSCF1035.jpg

DSCF1033.jpg

next day did a few bits new speakers and new wheels
bfa0e5e3.jpg

b877536c.jpg

04442ea8.jpg

4b6c6103.jpg

sprayed grills black and started stickerbombing
aeab1581.jpg

35b5fd89.jpg

2673afa9.jpg

92a24355.jpg

39589df4.jpg

92541e2e.jpg

debadged front and rear, dewipered the rear
785c182a.jpg

ba5f269a.jpg

e61df54d.jpg

more stickerbombing
ae2e8e76.jpg

813bb6e4.jpg

c2753058.jpg

e5c6bcda.jpg

667c38e4.jpg

160f5aca.jpg

806dabcb.jpg

started painting the rear wheels orange
e2527b3f.jpg

3cba7330.jpg

then lowered the car a little
fbbdb8c2.jpg

2d9b5906.jpg
ea32279a.jpg

f81e7fc7.jpg

5734514e.jpg

8bb3a63d.jpg

3f06b88f.jpg

went out for a little photoshoot with another k11
dcb31888.jpg

a70d8de3.jpg

0fe947d9.jpg

1419316c.jpg

943ca373.jpg

2e24de95.jpg

c3ba4c85.jpg

painted the other wheels orange
DSCF1041.jpg

DSCF1043.jpg

DSCF1044.jpg

few more stickers
DSCF1245.jpg

DSCF1246.jpg

then decided to get rid of the door handles and locks for a smooth look
DSCF1260.jpg

DSCF1261.jpg

DSCF1263.jpg

DSCF1262.jpg

DSCF1267.jpg

DSCF1270.jpg

DSCF1272.jpg

DSCF1274.jpg

thats how it stands at the minute hope you all like the progress, all comments and suggestions are welcome :grinning:

cheers

Yeah they are Wellers.

Looking good Shane.

Are you going to source a lockless fuel filler door? - even if you dont get round to fitting the cable and leave it internal release - it would smooth out that near side a little more.

That's a very cool sticker under your high level stop lamp :p

it looks gd m8 but how to u lock it and get in lol i guess it has sentral locking

No it doesn't have central locking, i have a kill switch and a door release solenoid kit fitted

Yeah the wheels are wellers 7x13 on rear an 5.5 front

and yeah i will be looking for a smooth filler cap mark an yes the sticker is very cool (Y)
haven't seen you about lately mark normally see you whizzing around :laugh:

cheers for the comments all (Y)

any updates boss? how did the springs sit with the coils chopped? much movement from them? when jacked? did you upgrade shocks or anything? or do the sit and ride fine mate? cause i just 13's 5.5, with a low profile tire and i dont wanna cut my 35's and yours is a seriously nice height :)

any updates boss? how did the springs sit with the coils chopped? much movement from them? when jacked? did you upgrade shocks or anything? or do the sit and ride fine mate? cause i just 13's 5.5, with a low profile tire and i dont wanna cut my 35's and yours is a seriously nice height :)

yeah i got 2 new bumpers for it as the old owner had cracked both of them so went to the scrappy and got 2 new colour coded ones :). The springs sit fine with the coils cut dont get much movement from them even when jacked they dont tend to fall out but i always check before i let it back down.

yeah i upgrade the rear springs, i had a pair of old mk3 fiesta front gmax 60mm lowering springs that fitted on the rear with no problem but i did cut another coil or coil an half off them :D. as you can see it sits nicely an i have lowered the rear more as said since those photos and the ride is good bud but i do get a bit of rub on the rear tyres as the poke quite a lot.

yeah im running 13's x 5.5 on the front. i would say cut them mate it makes it sit so much better and really improves handling aswell at the height im at but hopefully be modifying some coilovers to fit soon so will be going lower ;)

heres the new front bumper anyway, dont have any of the rear yet and a random pic to show how the rear is sitting now but is on my uneven drive lol.

2012-01-24160513.jpg

2012-01-24160528.jpg

2012-01-24160547.jpg

2012-01-24160739.jpg

hope this helps bud.

yeah i got 2 new bumpers for it as the old owner had cracked both of them so went to the scrappy and got 2 new colour coded ones :). The springs sit fine with the coils cut dont get much movement from them even when jacked they dont tend to fall out but i always check before i let it back down.

yeah i upgrade the rear springs, i had a pair of old mk3 fiesta front gmax 60mm lowering springs that fitted on the rear with no problem but i did cut another coil or coil an half off them :D. as you can see it sits nicely an i have lowered the rear more as said since those photos and the ride is good bud but i do get a bit of rub on the rear tyres as the poke quite a lot.

yeah im running 13's x 5.5 on the front. i would say cut them mate it makes it sit so much better and really improves handling aswell at the height im at but hopefully be modifying some coilovers to fit soon so will be going lower ;)

heres the new front bumper anyway, dont have any of the rear yet and a random pic to show how the rear is sitting now but is on my uneven drive lol.

2012-01-24160513.jpg

2012-01-24160528.jpg

2012-01-24160547.jpg

2012-01-24160739.jpg

hope this helps bud.

does indeed boss! :D looks sweet man! really love the car i drive a silver facelift and just picked up a set of 13 x 5.5 alleycats with low profiles so 2/3 coils is a must to come off ;) esecially if you said there is not much movement in the springs? you havnt upgraded the shocks etc then? or your panhard rod? how long have you been driving it with the cut springs?

does indeed boss! :D looks sweet man! really love the car i drive a silver facelift and just picked up a set of 13 x 5.5 alleycats with low profiles so 2/3 coils is a must to come off ;) esecially if you said there is not much movement in the springs? you havnt upgraded the shocks etc then? or your panhard rod? how long have you been driving it with the cut springs?

i really want a set of alleycats for this just 7's all round, but yeah it will need to come down bud. no i dont really notice much movement in the springs and no the shocks are standard all round mate just changed the rear springs. i havent changed the panhard rod yet but i do need to do that as it is a little bent an does make the tire poke more on the drivers side making it rub more.

i been driving on cut springs for a good 10 months bud not had a problem with them :)

i really want a set of alleycats for this just 7's all round, but yeah it will need to come down bud. no i dont really notice much movement in the springs and no the shocks are standard all round mate just changed the rear springs. i havent changed the panhard rod yet but i do need to do that as it is a little bent an does make the tire poke more on the drivers side making it rub more.

i been driving on cut springs for a good 10 months bud not had a problem with them :)
awesome mate thank you for all the replies have helped alot! yeah mate i picked my alleycats up for 250 with 4 brand new tires and all centre caps :Dill post up a pic when i get her lowered on the wheels :) thanks again mate much help!

Back