Low Pessure Gas

Just thought i would start a thread to get people talking about a lpg convertion. did a quick surch and couldnt find anything. i'm somewhat interested but know very little about it.
if there is anyone who knows anything about lpg conversions, would you post some stuff up for me and other interested people to read?
thanks in advance:D

oh and i love the new scary theme:D nice one tech guys!

I think the simple kits just turn off the fuel pump and use gas applied through the air intake.
Obviously it's a bit more technical but that's the basics.

noddie

i,ve been on gas for 3/4 years, its saved me thousands, go for it.

what sorta set up do you have? i have seen quite a few, some a kinda carb and some are injection etc. how much was your convertion? and is there any power difference?

noddie

i posted some info on cisco micra check that out first.

just read it, £500 sounds good, considering i spend about £35 on petrol a week:D
my insurance company want it done by a pro, any idea how much that would be? where did you get your kit form?
thanks for all the help. i have to go out now but will be looking when i get bk in a couple of hours.

noddle

got mine from a pro fitter nr solihull, could have got it cheaper elsewere but he gave me a lot of advise and he checked it over afterwards.
latest generation kit uses 4 nozzels, controlled by the ecu, with injector emulators, they are about 1500 quid fitted, which takes a while to get back but if you can get a grant towards it, its much better.
not sure about the car tax but congestion charge is free iirc

Can anyone say whether there is (a) a drop in power and (b) a drop in fuel economy?

I get around 40-45mpg (currently commuting 140miles/day = approx £70/week on fuel). Want to know if this is a viable alternative...

Cheers

Rich

Can anyone say whether there is (a) a drop in power and (b) a drop in fuel economy?

I get around 40-45mpg (currently commuting 140miles/day = approx £70/week on fuel). Want to know if this is a viable alternative...

Cheers

Rich

my bro in law runs a 3.5 litre V8 landrover discovery that's gas converted, mile for mile his costs as little to run as my micra, he reported no real power loss but there is likely to be a small drop in mpg, but not enough to worry about. Before the landrover he had a gas converted 1972 3.5 litre V8 rover P5B, when we did a road trip to Ireland we spent the same on fuel, I was in a 1.0 K10.

LPG is less efficient than petrol, however it's much much cheaper.

Also LPG is NOT low pressure gas, it is in fact under a lot of pressure,
LPG = Liquified Petroleum Gas

to be honest, there's not much point in converting a micra to gas, it'll take you years to get the money back on it, it's really only useful on large engined cars.

Back