Low mileage K11 starting and running problems

Hi new to the forum but hope to get some help/advice, I have recently purchased a super low mileage 3k virtually 1 owner 1993 1.0L. I managed to drive it back to my home probably about 70 miles. It was difficult to start but did eventually and would struggle and occasionally die all the way home. I have sinced changed Dizzy cap and rotor, Spark plugs, Ignition leads and fuel filter. Have drained a lot of the fuel out as not sure how old it is and put a couple of gallons of super plus in. Still the same doesn't want to start but does eventually, will then idle but occasionally dip in revs and if you floor it doesn't rev and will try to cut out, but will rev if very light on the throttle. Also the exhaust has some rusty water coming out when running, was thinking possibly a knackered catalytic converter ??? Apart from that it is as it left the showroom so really want to get it running right. Thanks for any help

I'd try cleaning the MAF sensor with some MAF cleaner, on the water in the fuel theme I had an old Camry that got a bad batch of fuel, tried draining the tank etc what cleared it up was putting a bottle of methylated spirits in the tank with a tank of fuel, I was sceptical at first but it worked, probably similar to ethanol to burn anyway but binds / absorbs the water and allows it to be burnt.

Ok,.
Two main failure points of the dizzy micras is the MAF and dizzy /cap,

The MAF can be resoldered (recommended over replacing it ),
And cap can be cleaned or replaced same for rotor arm,

Easy way for the MAF is disconect it and see what happens ,

Also how long does the fuel pump prime before shutting off?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I'd try cleaning the MAF sensor with some MAF cleaner, on the water in the fuel theme I had an old Camry that got a bad batch of fuel, tried draining the tank etc what cleared it up was putting a bottle of methylated spirits in the tank with a tank of fuel, I was sceptical at first but it worked, probably similar to ethanol to burn anyway but binds / absorbs the water and allows it to be burnt.

Hello all,
We have a 22K 1.0L 2001 K11 which has a full service history, the engine light came on whilst driving, no coughing or anything! I plugged the OBD reader in and a code of P0171 came up, I've fitted a new Lambda sensor in the exhaust manifold (top one) but the light has come back o, is it likely to be the other sensor? Also, but I don't think connected it is miss-firing after about 45 seconds of running from cold, but only for about 20 seconds and then runs ok, any ideas before I spend loads of money and time? Cheers

P0171 is most likely the maf sensor. Replace with a genuine Bosch one. Others are problematic
Thank you, I had got ride of the miss-fire, "new" second hand coil packs, new plugs, new MAF, the light went out and ran with no miss-fire, I put a tank of BP fuel in with some redex and took it for a blast, all good for 4 days, light has come back on with a P0100 fault, and now miss-firing when pushing the throttle, it's ok on tick over, I'm losing the will!!

Did you replace it with a aftermarket MAF and not a genuine bosch one? Off brand ones are known for not working. Id get a known good bosch maf from a scrapyard

Did you replace it with a aftermarket MAF and not a genuine bosch one? Off brand ones are known for not working. Id get a known good bosch maf from a scrapyard
Hello,
I got one off Ebay, I unplugged this last night, car ran ok, plugged back in miss-fire was back, so I've now fitted one that was £50 and it seems to be ok again, hopefully it's cured and has redeamed itself! thank you for your advise.
Cheers