Lots of Scratches

How would you get these scratches out - theres allot of hair line scratches all over the wing. I've waxed it but no joy.

DSC00158.JPG

nexussteve

The reason you're happy!
Wax will more than likely make them show up more! :)

Especially if it's something like Auto Glym - as it goes white when it dries!

right to get these out you need alot of patience and a little knowledge.

wax will only protect the surface and not remove any scratches what so ever

you will need something along the lines of fracella g3 compound which will remove then bigger sctaches and then use auto glym super resin polish and this will then refine the g3 smaller scrathes (swirls) and remove the smaller scratches.

auto glym super resin polish is not a wax and only takes off small amount of the clear coat so this needs to be followed up by a dedicated wax or lp (last stage product)

i use a hard wax mayself but there are liquid variants such as meguairs.

it may take £25 worth of products to remove this.

you will find that without a powerpolisher that getting these scratches out will take a few goes and a hell of a lot of work.

if you need any other info i would get yourself on to this forum its excellent and will help you out no end.

www.detailingworld.co.uk

Cheers

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
IF you can feel an indentation or a difference in surface when you run your nail over the surface, then it's too deep to bring it out, your best bet is to respray the panel if you want it like new, or try coloured T-Cut.

OP
OP
D
I tried T Cut and most of them came out - the others are very faint so maybe a few more goes and they will be gone. You can still see them but very faint.

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
You can flat & polish scratches out.
You use "superfine" wet & dry paper (1500 or/& 2000 grade) with a bucket of soapy water & VERY carefully rub over the panel taking off a thin coat of paint/laquer thus removing surface scratches.
You'll need to know the difference between a surface scratch or one that has gone through the laquer & basecoat colour.If you keep rubbing too much you will burn through your laquer giving you dull spots & eventually hit metal!
On large areas you need to softly use a flexible rubber block (10mm ish)with the wet & dry using loads of clean soapy water.Listen as you rub for dirt etc. on the block/paper,rinse panel & block if you can hear abrasion.
The panel will then need to be polished with compound,mechanical polisher is best but you can do it by hand.
I've done sides of cars that have been car washed to death & they look good after BUT you can cause serious damage to your paint using any abrasive papers/ compounds including T Cut which is very mild in comparison to G3 etc.

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
remember that non-metallic micras have no lacquer.

To check for a surface scratch, if you you can feel the scratch with your nail, it's too deep to polish out.