losing revs

Batch

Ex. Club Member
When i'm approaching a junction sometimes and braking (hard :rolleyes: ) i drop about 2-300 revs, the car shudders like it's going to stall, is this a problem with the pin in the carb or with vaccum?

Will it do it when the Weber is fitted? Just want to know so that i can get something sorted before the old carb comes off?

I have the same "problem" as well.
Could be something with that solenoid thing. Not sure really.
Ofcourse when braking it's using more vacuum, so something must compensate it. When thats not working anymore it needs adjustment :).
Question is ofcourse WHAT needs adjustment.. hmmm..

No problems with normal braking right?
I now have a carb and inlet manifold without the compensation solenoid thing and it does exactly the same. It could be that the thing isnt working properly anymore with you.
Does the car also fall down in revs a bit when you turn on the lights? And is the drop in revs when braking the same with lights on and with lights off?

I will think about it some more lol :p

Worse with the lights on, or even anything that takes too much power.
Although the revs are compensated for a little more with the lights on as the idle speed goes up a bit.

got to be either vaccum or carb and if you've got a different carb on and it still does it, must be vaccum i suppose

Well, I changed inlet manifold and carb :)
But there was no solenoid on the manifold and no need to connect it to the carb.
It kinda sounds like that solenoid is not doing its job properly anymore.
I solved it here by setting idle speed a bit faster at 900-950 rpm.
Seems like it never drops too much anymore (sometimes drops to 500). But otherwise it all seems good :)

Dont know how it'll be with the Webber. Maybe with the webber it can keep up the rpms a bit more.
And I just read post that with the webber installed correctly it should not drop revs as well when you turn on lights or something.

Back