Looking for a diagnostic reader, recommendations?

Hi all, Newbie so not sure if in the right part of the forum... had a look for anybody giving details of experience with specific tools but not able to find any posts.

The car is a 2006 1.2 micra and would like to be able to do any maintenance needed myself where possible.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations and sharing of experience.

Hi all, Newbie so not sure if in the right part of the forum... had a look for anybody giving details of experience with specific tools but not able to find any posts.
I got a cheap £20 nissan code reader for eBay,works a treat even resets engine light on new models.

The car is a 2006 1.2 micra and would like to be able to do any maintenance needed myself where possible.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations and sharing of experience.

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
I use one of THESE on both my Micra and Saab, it will read fault codes and re-set them. You can of course get a Nissan specific piece of kit that will do more, but will cost you nearer £100. The basic unit is a very handy, cheap, bit of kit to keep in the glovebox.:cool:

OP
OP
W
Thanks for the reply John, I assume thats the seller you got it from too.
Hard to believe you can get a fault code reader for around 12 quid! I had seen the icarsoft ones but was reluctant to shell out 100 pound for it. first Nissan I've had anything to do with (wifes first car) and may not get another.