Looking at upgrading the K11....

SplanK

Site Supporter
Hi all,
I am looking at replacing our K11 with a K13. K11 although has been a good work horse, I dont think has much left in it before it starts to cost us a small fortune, and with the wife being preggers!

Anyway - we have been looking at the DIG-S, fits my requirment for something pokey and no tax and OH's requirment of a 5 door, reasonable size and flexible car! Looking at an "almost" new motor - couple of thou on the clock and sub 1 year old so not expecting any immediate issues however just wondering ..

1. Anything specific to look out for other than its history (admittedly its going to be minimal but I would expect at least one, or to have a full one thrown in!)
2. Are there any known problems with these?
3. Any known recalls?

OP
OP
S

SplanK

Site Supporter
Well we bought one!
7800 for a DIG-S with 5000 miles on the clock and 9 months old!

Rather happy with it, it handles much better than I thought, and although not the quickest car on the road, the charger give it a good umpf and a nice sounding, well balanced 3 potter!

Collect it Thurs so will keep posted on what I think and note anything on here that I think is worth while since this section is a bit quiet!

Hi! I've got 2 of them. I bought them brand new. There are some minor stuff you must know.
1. On the silver one, the front left suspension failed in the first 300 kms. The dealer replaced the shock and now is fine. It has now 8500 kms.
2. Both cars are equipped with the Nissan Connect SatNav unit. Sometimes when I start the car, the units start but no sound comes out the speakers and the volume dial on the screen remains blocked. If I change to radio, cd or usb the sound still doesn't work. For this I have to switch off the car, take the key out and wait for 2 minutes. After that usually works. It is annoying and I plan to change the units with aftermarket ones after a while. The dealer said that they'll change them too.
3. When I brake medium to hard, due to the soft suspension, the car tends to fishtail, and I feel the rear end quite slippy. Also the Bridgestones tires B250 that come with the car are very poor. Many times driving on wet roads can feel scary . They are not good on dry either. The ESP is very lazy, as the car slides sideways a long run until it starts to save the situation.
4. The handling is neutral. You have to learn where the wheels are pointing at a given steering turn. This may be due to the electric assisted steering motor, which also tends to resist a lot on sudden parking or lane changing movements.
5. The suspension overall is soft in cornering with a lot of body roll and on straights I feel all the bumps, almost like riding on sport suspension.
6. The driver's window can be winded automatically only down on both cars. To wind it up you have to keep the button pressed. Stupid idea I believe. The dealer said that this is how they've been built.

I don't want to make you think that it is a bad car. It is not. For beginners, old people or persons that care only to go from A to B, this car is more than enough. You might ask why do I drive one, if I don't feel that the K13 suits me, well, it was a gift, so I have to stick to it :) . I also plan to change the suspension to a firmer one, the SatNav to an aftermarket one and the windows button to one of a Note, as they fit. I'll do the changes after a while, because it is still in warranty and I have another 1.5 years free service.
Another fact is that the car is the cheapest in it's class. Also the back seats are not bad, with plenty of head and leg room for 1.80m adults.

nissan micra silver gray.jpg