looking at buying a 95' Wave

S

ScoobyDoo69

Hey guys, looking at getting one of the M reg 998cc Micra Waves 3door. it has 102k on the clock, and the owner is wanting £850 how does that sound??? i have to say the car is in mint condition!
there is some information that i would like to know however...

mods - what can be done to the 1ltr engine if anything to actually increase power nicely?

Engine transplants? what can i change the engine to etc?

ICE - what speaker sizes are in the doors? would i need any brackets etc?

anything else that you may feel relevant to let me know... please do, as i'm looking at getting the most information that i can possibly get before taking the plunge and buying the car!
cheers

ScoobyDoo69!

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
£850 is not a bad price ,see if you can knock them down a bit, you can get up to 80bp out of the 1l but a 1.3, 1.6, 1.8T or 20l swaps are possible with work.... you can fit 6.5" speakers into the doors.
Also welcome :)

OP
OP
S

ScoobyDoo69

RE: RE: looking at buying a 95' Wave

Craig said:
£850 is not a bad price ,see if you can knock them down a bit, you can get up to 80bp out of the 1l but a 1.3, 1.6, 1.8T or 20l swaps are possible with work.... you can fit 6.5" speakers into the doors.
Also welcome :)

ok, so who exactly can i get in touch with to do this sort of work? and what price am i looking at? I'd be looking at a turbo, much more fun and easy to tune I think.
cheers

ScoobyDoo69

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Ypu can do a lot of the work yourslef if you are handy, but a few garages would take it on, would be worth trying to find one with some experience though. You can get bolt-on turbo kits for the 1l/1.3 for just under 2grand from the USA

OP
OP
S

ScoobyDoo69

could you point me in the direction of these turbo kits? i've had a browse and cant find anything

ScoobyDoo69

O

old man micra

Hi ,just purchased a 1996 5 door shape , 58.000 miles , full service history , mint condition for £100 ! .A guy at work said his wife was trading it in , and had been offered £50 for it .It had a headlight fault , and the nissan dealer said it needed a new wiring loom .But all it needed was the headlight fuse contact cleaning ! .Mods i have done are,fit cd/player using iso lead ,fitted speakers to the rear parcel shelf ,you can find the speaker wire block in the offside in boot, behind trim .fitted new speakers to front doors. The ones fitted as standard are Blaupunkt , which are very good .And i am going to fit clear lens to side indicators ,and then some alloy wheels .I get all my stuff from ebay .