Longer 5th gear on CG13.

Hi!

I'm planning on doing a GA16 swap in my -97 Super S.
The plan is to use the CG gearbox with the GA engine.

The thing is that I want to get the revs down on 5th gear.
Is there any gear set or diffs with longer ratio that I can drop in to the CG Box?

The car is quite low and fitting bigger wheels then my 165/55-15" tires isnt working.

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Hi!

I'm planning on doing a GA16 swap in my -97 Super S.
The plan is to use the CG gearbox with the GA engine.

The thing is that I want to get the revs down on 5th gear.
Is there any gear set or diffs with longer ratio that I can drop in to the CG Box?

The car is quite low and fitting bigger wheels then my 165/55-15" tires isnt working.
Short answer no, and for the work involved I've been told you'll be disapointed with the almera gearbox too.

Thanks for the reply. Know that the GA gearbox wont work.
I bought a complete Almera as a donor car and it revs as much as the Micra in 5th gear.

h701micra

Deactivated Account
100nx gearbox has a medium 1-4 and super close 5th from 4th.... but you won't be doing 6000rpm at 60mph.
I usually get 2000rpm in 4th @ 60mph.... iirc

I like the first 4 gears but the drop between 4th and 5th gear isn't that big.
I'm reving 3800-4000 on the highway on the way to work.

Would be great to get some higher top speed and a higher mpg. ;)

frank

Club Member
Ed said that the 31 series g/box,s shared the same clusters iirc (GA16) one of those might have a 3.65 diff eh ?

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Are you saying an almera/100nx gearbox might be able to donate a taller diff ratio to a cg13 gearbox?

Would be nice to just change to a taller diff ring.
I know that the E15ET gearbox have a longer 5th gear and it should fit the cg13/ga16.

I'm running a complete E15ET swap in my K10 and it does 240km/h + on a GPS, havent got any tachometer in that car, so I don't know how high the revs is at 140km/h.

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Ed said that the 31 series g/box,s shared the same clusters iirc (GA16) one of those might have a 3.65 diff eh ?
All I know is the ga16ds 100nx gearbox is different. A different diff would seem right as I had trouble a while ago finding a suitable new driveshaft cv cap as the splines differed from all other ga16 boxes