Lockerbie to launceston on 1 tank

Right lads, as per title, heading down to micra.jas's in the morning to pick up some goodies, anyone reckon i'll do it on one tank, im keen for a top gear realated challenge(Y)

My best yet is 320 miles to a tank, but that was motorway/town combined, the challenge is 420 miles:p

What you think?

lol, we shal see, i just went and did a last minute spark plug change, oil check and complete standard induction piping re-fitted

ALL IN ONE DAY

We will push the cg13 to its economical breaking point lol:laugh:

I covered exactly 300 miles yesterday and only used 3/4s of a tank. 420 should be possible, 500 would be interesting

omfg seriously i done 200 and my needle was slap bang in the middle of 1/2 and 1/4 really depressing from a totally brimmed take doing a steady 70

I did north London to Glasgow, 360 miles to the red but no light which I read was +50 miles for the tank to dry out! If you get a good run, little traffic and a comfy seat, 420 might be doable ;)

Good Luck Pepper!

thanks guys....just decided im gunna stay at a travel lodge tomorrow night instead of doing it in one day, it would be crazyness lol, but means i can go to alton towers on wednesday, woop woop

IM BACK!!!

A few things happened, the M6 got frigging closed cos of a turned over truck, so had to de-tour and take the M61 to Manchester and re-join the M6, then i wasnt sure how far away the fuel station would be so i re-fueled at 360 miles to be on the safe side, i believe i would of eaasily got 400+ miles though, so basically i did almost 1000 miles on 2.5 tanks(Y) so circa £60......WIN

When i got my March (thanks Frank (Y)), did Birmingham to Lisbon in 3 days, first day i manage to pass Paris (did the ferry from Dover to Calais) and slept on a gas station, second day i manage to enter Portugal and sleep at my cousins house in Mirandela (3 countries in one day :wasntme:), next day more 500km to Lisbon, did something like 1.550miles with 6 and a 1/2 tanks...

ah this eco stuff is actually pretty fun i did barrow-in-furness to weymouth (350miles or near abouts) on 1-1/4 tank in my old corolla 1.6 on a carb with mildly tuned engine and that was on and off playing with a toyota soarer most the way down the m6 and a bit down the m5. but that was when fuel was less than 90p lol.

not sure if mine counts as an eco run tho :laugh:

Back