• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Littlewood's KayTen.

Littlewood

Here comes the BOOM!
Can't update my old blog, I can't see the tick box about it being old or whatever. So admins if you
wanna delete it, or move this post into it? - Whatever's best.

So here it is when I first got it;

micracomp3ui9.jpg
micracomp4uy6.jpg

So, after keeping it standard for ages I came across the club and decided to modify it a bit!

I'll try and list everything in order that I done it :kungfu:;

- 13" 'loys, about £20 off ebay they were in a right state so I sorted out all the curbing and resprayed
them 'Charcaol Grey'.

- Then I bought a Foah front bumper from some one on here, a Super S rear bumper from sammyboi, and a Super S spolier from ebay.

- Whilst spraying and fitting the kit, I gouged out all the rust in the wings, doors and elsewhere and ripped the bumpstrips off. Then resprayed the whole bottom half of the car.

- I also undersealed allover underneath, right upto the edge of the sills before they curl round!

- Next thing was the backbox, not a Janspeed or anything just something off ebay! 4" outlet with a silencer in so It's not too loud.

Interior-wise Ive not really done much, got some Razo pedals and I've stripped the backseats and seatbelts all out to maker it a bit lighter - Never have people in the back anyway cause I get scrub with the fatter tyres!

I have got two Red Corbeau Clubman seats - I just need to weld some bits onto the existing seat frames so they will take the buckets. So they'll be in soon :).

And the other small mods;

- Clear Side Repeaters
- Colour Coded Wiper Arms, Ariel Surround and other pieces.
- DIY Rear Quater Tints!
- Micra Mudflaps.

So now...

p091008172702jo8.jpg
p0910081727sh5.jpg

p091008172701kw3.jpg
p0910081726ce7.jpg

p091008173101bg9.jpg
p0910081728vp3.jpg

that look brilliant mate excellent choice of mods and all very smart and tasteful. and im very impressed with your alloy recon!

little wood ive freed up your old blog check new posts,

p.s. the tick box it right at the bottom of the page

edit, oh yea and very nice car youve got there,

Got my wind deflectors this morning, bought them from Germany on eBay lol.

Struggled getting the windows to shut with them on and Ive damaged the runners on the passenger side :(.

But they look good :).

p1410081726ev5.jpg

Update;

- Modified the ld runners to take the runnerless bucket seats I've got,

p1810081634ys8.jpg

Seat off...

p181008163401lk8.jpg

Cut two pates and drilled to attach where the old seats did to the runners, and drilled to attatch the buckets to these plates...

So...

p291008154201pn9.jpg

Got one in, took a bit of ragging to get the bolts in cause one hole was a couple of mm out!

Gonna do the other one this weekend probably.

- Painted my mirrors,

p2910081542ja5.jpg

I also finally managed to get a front torage self yay :D.

i like it nice looking car mate! any other mods being planned? very clean keep up good work
Gonna open out the grille next, bang some mesh in and put the badge back on.

Want the back window tinted soonish aswell, I did the side ones myself.

But I dont wanna do the back window myself on the outside without taking the window out, and I've got the heat strips so cant do it on inside.

Changed the ignition leads, plugs, duizzy cap, rotor arm and coil yesterday as I didnt wanna be cruel and make them last another winter!

There were huge gouges out of the points in the dizzy where arcing had occured, and the plugs where a bit worse for wear - So much so as it took me half an hour to prize one of them out!

Picking a Laguna splitter up tomorrow, and looks like I'll be getting hold of a Starlet GT spoiler soonish hopefully :);

STARLET003R.JPG

Can't imagine it being that hard to make it fit, anyone else had a go?

is there not a yellow k10 here running a starlet engine at 200bhpish?!

R ends of that spoiler look a bit curvy to suit a k10 IMO, will wait for fitted pics though! Like the way the cars headed :)

Think Ive seen pictures of that yellow K10 tbh.

Gonna struggle to get hold of a spoiler for a bit longer now I think as the guy I was hoping to get it from on ebay has cancelled his listing and won't reply to my emails now grr.

not a massive k10 fan either but you have one mint motor there fella really easy yet subtle mods mate a minter as you have dune keep it up

i've got an engine though ;D

I'd love to don't get me wrong.

But not now lol, work's wild at the moment and it will be for a while yet!

& with playing rugby as much as I do I strugge to find time for the car atm!

Mrs. must've ditched me 4 times in the last few months :O haha!

Put the new 5sp gear box, new cutch and new timing belt in at the weekend. Thought it was gonna be a massive job but managed to get it all done in the day thanks to my dads mate have a winch !

The new box feels really nice. Not only does it not ratle and whine like a toddler with toothache, but it seems to both drive and shift really smoothly. And it's nice to not have to rv the knackers off it on the motorway in 4th!

Few pics like;

p281208130103zu0.jpg
p2812081302va3.jpg

MA10age.

p281208130102fz1.jpg
p2812081301yd8.jpg

Dirty s/-/itty rattly scrapy slutty noisy shagged up old one & then new one on whey =)

Gotta say, im not the biggest fan of the K10 shape, but some of those early pics, with the alloys done, and the tints, ohhh myy! I does like, nice motor mate!

i think ive seen your car :)...well i saw a k10 in your courlor with a red passagner bucket seat and standard drivers seat. and had same courlor wheels as yours...

followed you or it in a green merc sprinter van, down chesterfeild bypass :)

Yeah mate, I teach a kickboxing class on a wednesday night in Ches. Was probs on way back from there :).

Going to good old Chesterfield tonight actually!

Couple of bits done,

Laguna splittage;

p3101091122gj7.jpg
p3101091126cd4.jpg

Bit wierd ooking on here, still on stands!

Bright pink drums!;

p0302091109pv5.jpg

Haha, I intend to do the calipers too when it stops sodding snowing.

Peace.

Not too hard pal, just needed to make two cut on the curves so I could pull them more square. Then just marked the holes and screwed straight into the bumper (didn't make any pilot holes purposely so it was a tight fit.)

not to sure on the drums but love the front splitter ive done the same with a granada splitter and k10s look good with splitter especially yours

Open up bit*h;

p1303091752.jpg

p130309175201.jpg

Boom.

Looks a bit scratty tbh up close cause I'm about as good at filling as Jacko is in a 'my nose can withstand immense heat' contest.

lolzor

Edit. Mesh is the same colour as the wheels, dark grey. Did have a K11 style 'Micra' badge on but I thought it looked tacky so I'm getting a K10 prefacelift grille badge and sticking it in top left corner a think on the actual plastic bit.

Back