Little update and pics...

Stani1029

Club Member
heres a few pictures of how the car stands at the moment (Y)

2973667202a10365541082o.jpg

2973667202a10365570886o.jpg

2973667202a10365674705o.jpg

rolling road...

2973667202a10393596659o.jpg

2973667202a10393596625o.jpg

2973667202a10393596644o.jpg

advice?? :p

frank

Club Member
hi stani :), it,s the ignition advance curve fwn (essential for an n/a, but a curse on a turbo app, i believe)
edit, still impressive tho !!

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Man the cars looking well but would you not just get it mapped! I have more power at the wheels with 930cc and 8 valves

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
what can i do at the moment? im away to buy a wideband lambda sensor to keep on the safe side :p

Get it mapped. Then you will have more power and reliability to boot, which is surely the aim of the game?

Did you not get a power graph?

Craig

Antony

Ex. Club Member
that dip is right where the micra ecu makes its notorious flat spot on n/a cars and on turbo cars the dangerously lean spot. your lucky the CG13DE was designed to run lean anyway. but not that lean. thats just asking for trouble.

closing in on 150bhp on stock internals without a remap is impressive, but you will be wanting to sell it again when it goes bang.
the ONLY way of getting the micra ecu to stop leaning out at 3-4000rpm is to have it re-mapped. an e-manage will not alter the ignition curve! and thats where the power lies. i think Cisco's blue monster made 197bhp on less boost than you are running, but the power curve would have had more mid end torque (thats the biggest advantage of a turbo motor) and a higher A/F ratio. keeping the internals cooler.

keeping your eye on the temp guage of a micra engine whilst boosting isnt going to give you any indication of how high the temps are inside the cylinders.

the other thing is, you wont be able to hear the engine pinking / detonating / pre-ignition / pinging etc etc until its too late.

that and the head gasket will fail at higher temperatures (evade's car on you tube for instance was running 150bhp and whilst on the dyno blew the head gasket, and that had been o'ringed!)

borrowed time me thinks. but its not easy to rectify the ignition..

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Impressive, but get some sort of map on it before it goes pop! The AFR drops rather low and also goes way too high at higher revs....be careful :)

Love the car though, and if you're still getting rid then I'm 100% interested. What happened about your licence, were they annoying and issued you with a ban or did you get away with it?

It looks like the dyno picked up on the lean run as it flags it up on the sheet!

Craig, it would certainly be interesting to see the plot if Stani can post it :)

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
ok guys i do plan to get it mapped but not yet, i will once i have an engine i am happy with since the one im runing is completely stock. im surprised the car is still going fine since most of the time i have it above 4000rpm :p as for my license i got another 3 points which is 9 now, the law states you cant be done for the new drivers act twice therefore im allowed 12 points. also im now keeping the car and nothing is for sale, cheapest pulsar quote is £4000 which im not wanting to pay lol sorry guys! and im running on higher octane stuff

retepetsir:

what graphs do you want. i have the torque, flywheel bhp, afr and boost??

frank

Club Member
looks impressive to me stani (Y) just overfueling a bit in the midrange and the injectors look like they,re maxing out in the top-end ?

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
is that what you think is happening?? the guy who done the runs told me what to check and didnt really offer to do it like he wasnt interested. i have primera injectors on at the moment so what would you think to be the next step if it was the injectors?

frank

Club Member
stani, if you want to go any bigger, i think you have to cut-n-shut an sr20 fuelrail :eek:
what pump are you using ?

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Thanks Stani. Craig, both of us wanted to see the graphs, haha!

Looks like the power was still climbing past 5,500rpm. Getting the fueling issue sorted and it'll probably make more power at 6-6,500rpm! Although 11psi on stock internals is probably pushing it somewhat.

Good news about the licence though, thank god for that!

No problem about not wanting to sell it, I'm not surprised to be honest.

All you really need to do now is get it mapped and your sorted. I would have thought Primera injectors would be ok for that power, but if not then go with an SR20 rail as suggested my Frank. :)

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
I've thought that the A?FR issues would be more management than fuelling problems - what psi your fuel running at?

A smaller tubo would be good too (IMO)

Craig

kristian

One Way Mule
Ive got an almost brand new emanage with compleharness AND MAP sensor for sale..

..Ideally sited to you as its pre-wired for a 5th and sixth injector which it comes with. Mis' GTO Brown injectors.

Ill double check the flow rate if you wanted..

From a turbo micra.

Ian

Ex. Club Member
its quite tempting to get a micra and turbo one myself with what i know now about working on turbo cars! if only i could use public transport for work as i tinker.

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
Thanks Stani. Craig, both of us wanted to see the graphs, haha!

Looks like the power was still climbing past 5,500rpm. Getting the fueling issue sorted and it'll probably make more power at 6-6,500rpm! Although 11psi on stock internals is probably pushing it somewhat.

Good news about the licence though, thank god for that!

No problem about not wanting to sell it, I'm not surprised to be honest.

All you really need to do now is get it mapped and your sorted. I would have thought Primera injectors would be ok for that power, but if not then go with an SR20 rail as suggested my Frank. :)

yeah and i cant wait till i get a proper readout, 11psi seems fine its when i turned to 14psi it just doesnt feel right lol and about the sr20 fuel rail, obviously the connections dont just plug on so is it a cut and join jobby?? ans has anyone done this before??

kristian you have a pm...

Antony

Ex. Club Member
i have davey's old sr20-cg13 fuel rail, the injectors are a bigger size (hence the chop job) but the plugs are the same.

11psi is very extreme. you would be better off with a smaller turbo running 8psi from a lower rpm. the way the boost keeps raising suggest that the turbo is too big for the size of the engine. you should be hitting maximum boost by about 3500rpm.
a garrett GT25R would be perfect for the job as they will boost as much as you want but the smaller comressor wheel will allow it to come on boost much much faster. and you wont need to run 11psi to get better performance..

im surprised nobody has mentioned this yet.

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
i have davey's old sr20-cg13 fuel rail, the injectors are a bigger size (hence the chop job) but the plugs are the same.

11psi is very extreme. you would be better off with a smaller turbo running 8psi from a lower rpm. the way the boost keeps raising suggest that the turbo is too big for the size of the engine. you should be hitting maximum boost by about 3500rpm.
a garrett GT25R would be perfect for the job as they will boost as much as you want but the smaller comressor wheel will allow it to come on boost much much faster. and you wont need to run 11psi to get better performance..

im surprised nobody has mentioned this yet.

yeah but its the fact the manifold i have fits the turbo i have, i cant put a flange adaptor on either otherwise theres gonna have to be a massive bonnet bulge and then id need to get another exhaust made up. im happy the way the turbo works. unless your saying it will all go straight on...

Ian

Ex. Club Member
Yeah ant i agree, turbo is way too big. But its all money that he doesnt have atm i guess. He's not got a money tree ;o. its going mad lean though over 15 AFR! >_<

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Ignition has nothing to do with fuelling.

A turbo car running above around 13:1 afr will melt things sooner or later if its not designed for it. AND will be loosing vast amounts of power, above 14-15 on high boost your guaranteed a failure in a pretty short time.

E-manage can do both fuel and ignition.

Something is wrong with your turbo, It may just just be far too large as the boost curve is terrible, but the setup (or lack of it) at the moment will greatly be adding to its incapability to make boost. I suspect that this is the reason it has not gone bang yet as the turbo is so slow to respond, due to the really bad fuelling and ignition setup. (as highlighted by the dyno operator).

Basically from your graphs as soon as you start making more than 2psi of boost the ecu etc is totally out of its depth.

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
well right now i have other plans (with the car), im not saying since its an experiment that could go wrong lol if any of you think you know what it is then you dont know because this i have kept quiet. still a 1.3 turbo though :D

oh and does anybody live near blackpool?? ill be down there in 2 weeks if the gf gets time of work...

also will an emanage sort my problems once setup correctly??

Baz

Ex. Club Member
OFF TOPIC: Stani your inbox is full, the box is there if you want it mate actually have two there(Y)

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
well since the latest engine failure, the car has been took into a millions bits and now stands as a project for however long it takes. the spec will be as follows with the aim of 180bhp+ at the fly:

standard pistons/rods/crank/cams
lightened/balanced bottom end & flywheel
uprated helix clutch
port polished head
new inlet/fuel rail
sr20 injectors
walbro fuel pump
fuel pressure regulator
stand alone ecu and mapped
t04e turbo
custom manifold/exhaust
2" intercooler piping
big intercooler

also ive cut the bumper out and smoothed it in, a new bonnet has been fitted to get rid of the huge dent it had. new bonnet lifters/raisers and new aeroflush locking bonnet pins. the car needs to be sprayed again which wont happen until the car is running all smooth etc. engine should be fitted on saturday/sunday then its looking about 4-6 weeks before the new ecu is fitted and mapped. and heres 1 picture:

2973667202a10959855581o.jpg

Shero

Ex. Club Member
its funny one of your cars is actually going to be a project over a longer time, you usaully have a new engine and its turbod in an hour! lol :D

I hope this one goes well for you man.
have you spoke to that guy craig from irvine??? hes turbod a a cg10 and said hes getting 157 horses from it, i think its the full hks kit hes put on it. need 2 see how it holds up anyway.
Ive left uni now so i can hopefully start making real money and get mine movin lol. :D

mullet

Ex. Club Member
have you spoke to that guy craig from irvine??? hes turbod a a cg10 and said hes getting 157 horses from it, i think its the full hks kit hes put on it. need 2 see how it holds up anyway.
Ive left uni now so i can hopefully start making real money and get mine movin lol. :D

sr/sr im sure his name is on here
he also sold it and made a huge profit on the car and his next micra project sounds kick ass!

lol i think a scottish meet is on the list soon :D:D

Robb

Site Supporter
Open mouth grille and two fans would look insane even if you only need one lol.

How low is that micra next to it?! :wow:

And did you know your in Banzai? Just checking :D

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
I dont know what thd bonnet come off but its more blue than green and the problem with the open mouth grill and 2 fans on the intercooler is that the grill would be cut out too much and would be useless. And the micra next to it is very low, it needs a new exhaust already it hits the ground so much! And i have the banzai magazine robb :d i should be in fast car soon maybe

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
ok slight progress made. Just waiting on my new throttle body and then its ready to start ;) then bodyshop and mapped <<--- yes people it says mapped :p pics:

2973667202a10990682199o.jpg

2973667202a10990682268o.jpg

2973667202a10990682334o.jpg

2973667202a10990682388o.jpg