• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Little red

Hey guys,

So I've got my test coming up in a couple of months so decoded to buy a friends k10, I did buy one about 2 years back but ended up selling it off.

It's a 1992, and has 90k odd miles, already on coils and has a straight through exhaust, oh and my preface lift front grill from my old one. Already been thinking of future plans and a 1.3 k11 or 1.6/gti almera conversion are on the table but won't be for a while yet as I've seen it takes a lot of time and prep (until I learn a bit more about it all and save up a bit of cash).

Until then the plan is to keep it clean, put some nice wheels on it and look after it :) will be nice actually doing stuff to a car and making it mine, so ill post most stuff on here I guess.

Hope my time here is a good one, been on here a few years and seems like a good community :)

We're a friendly, tad nutty, but friendly bunch

Welcome to the MSC.. good move getting a K10.. They rule!

By coils I assume you mean coilovers?

Haha I've noticed :p read through your threads man, your k10 ' s are wicked!

Won't be putting a scooby lump in mine though, that's just nuts!

Haha I've noticed :p read through your threads man, your k10 ' s are wicked!

Won't be putting a scooby lump in mine though, that's just nuts!
Yay someone reads them :D
The subaru one rarely gets updated. Though I should its come on so much the past few weeks. Wanted something different to usual SR20 lump. H701s build seems to be spreading though

Enough about mine :p any long term goals for yours?

Well the obvious choice would have been an sr20, I've seen a couple of videos and build threads and it does seem worth it...but only time will tell.

Unless I can come up with an alternative with help of friends and this forum that's easier and cheaper! I think for short term the 1.3 looks appealing though

I think for now as I said get some nice deep dish alloys, keep it clean etc. And should come out a nice little run around :)

Well the obvious choice would have been an sr20, I've seen a couple of videos and build threads and it does seem worth it...but only time will tell.

Unless I can come up with an alternative with help of friends and this forum that's easier and cheaper! I think for short term the 1.3 looks appealing though

I think for now as I said get some nice deep dish alloys, keep it clean etc. And should come out a nice little run around :)
I don't like the SR personally. I prefer the GA its more reliable and torquey. Which is an all out win.
Either way it'll all be the same amount of work for a K10 :) cg13 can use the K10 g'box and shafts etc but I'm sure you'll gather all the info when you're ready

I'm sure it will look after you if you look after it they're a good laugh

Yeah I've been reading up a lot on the forum about what I can do, there doesn't seem to be many k10's and I much prefer them over k11's! Although i Might keep the k11 Sr alloys I have on atm though they look pretty cool :)

Yeah I've been reading up a lot on the forum about what I can do, there doesn't seem to be many k10's and I much prefer them over k11's! Although i Might keep the k11 Sr alloys I have on atm though they look pretty cool :)
There's a few about but not alot seems to happen. Even mine have gone quiet
I love the 80s boxyness

Back