Little Bandit - Progress for 2007 Season

Dave Bull

Ex. Club Member
As some of you may or may know, I will be competing at this year's TOTB 6 Event in Elvington.

Many of you will know that this is the event to compete in to show what your car can do.

After a number of trips back to Knockhill last season, I found that I had missed doing the circuit racing, as wanted to be able to do it again, as opposed to an all out drag car.

So we are in the process of prepping the car to unveil it within the next few months (early April at the latest), hopefully with a bit better handling.

Here is are a number of pictures showing the progress so far...

MicraNewbits001.jpg

Who was it that said GTiR brakes were overkill...LOL!!!

MicraNewbits003.jpg

MicraNewbits010.jpg

MicraNewbits012.jpg

MicraNewbits013.jpg

No more drum brakes at last!!!

MicraNewbits014.jpg

MicraNewbits015.jpg

MicraNewbits016.jpg

MicraNewbits017.jpg

I will keep you guys updated as the work progresses over the next number of weeks. We still have to fit the wide arch kit on the front and then prep. it & paint it black. Then have the suspension setup, and then finally map it for higher boost levels.

Cheers

Dave

P.S. Do all K11 Micras get as rusty on the underside, or just all over in general?

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
looks like its only surface rust, wire brush it all off and give it a paint of black then waxoil or underseal the whole underneath

Antony

Ex. Club Member
have a look under mine then... its done 107,000 miles and not a spot of it...

thats a BIIIIG brake set.... kinda what im looking for..lol

whats it running then?

OP
OP
D

Dave Bull

Ex. Club Member
The brake setup is a FASTBRAKE kit from the U.S.

It bolts straight onto the K11 hubs and you don't need any shims or crap to make it fit.

All you need is a 15" wheel (only certain ones though) or bigger to make the kit fit.

If you are interested then give Greg Vogel a call on 0017605352259 and ask him for the same kit that I have. Tell him Dave Bull with the Micra sent you.

I paid about £700 for the kit delived to my door inc. all shipping & taxes.

This included 2x racing bells, 2x 300mm discs, 2x Wilwood Dynalite 4 piston calipers, 2x stainless stell braided lines, 2x caliper mounting brackets, 1x brake pad set and all required mounting bolts & nuts etc.

They also do a slightly smaller kit with the same calipers but with a smaller disc for about £600 or there abouts.

Cheers

Dave

P.S. Last power figures were 409 BHP & 322 lbft & 10 psi on the last dyno. run.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
a 409bhp micra?.... no one will believe me either/

i told a few guys at work and all they said was "peh its a micra" every time i mention it... all i have to say is, " theres a 400bhp micra......" and they all sulk away...

wish they could see this..lol

and thanks, 700 a bit steep for brakes me thinks..... although they do look cock on... hmm

Stani1029

Club Member
thinkin of gettin an sr20de to fit in my micra at the end of the year, how hard was it to get everything perfect?? it wud b a garage doin it not me...

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Having a fast car doesnt automatically make you go from somone who may pay to get membership and want stickers to having them for free + membership!! That would be totally unfair on everyone else!

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
whay great minds think alike, i have the same rims and roll cage and steering wheel :)

but not the same engine :down:

top job mate

OP
OP
D

Dave Bull

Ex. Club Member
Having a fast car doesnt automatically make you go from somone who may pay to get membership and want stickers to having them for free + membership!! That would be totally unfair on everyone else!

Exactly. I should be treated no differently to anybody else.

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
Well done Dave! What a transformation! Wolf in sheeps skin :) Really need to see this sometime!

Daz

Antony

Ex. Club Member
screenshot or it didn't happen.

tellin fibs...its on 105,473:wasntme:

but the master cylinder is leaking, and i cant get one anywhere.

but i asure you its rust free, i got a coment from the tester telling me where they usualy rust....not a bit of it..haha.

its down to the under side of my car being covered in a small layer of oil from a leaky engine seal... thats now been fixed. under the oil its like new,.