'Lights left on' alarm?

lewic

Ex. Club Member
My L reg K11 LX is lacking that buzzer that goes off when you accidentally leave the lights on and open the door.

My old K10 had it, and the facelift K11s have it. Anyone know if the early K11s never had an alarm, or if it might be just a fuse gone or a loose wire somewhere? Or if there is a way of fitting one?

I cant see anything in the Haynes or original manual about it, so I'm guessing I might have to resort to Post-it notes on the steering wheel...

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
On the K10, isnt it just the relay next to the fuse box that has the buzzer built in? Im guessing its the same design for the K11. You might be able to take it out of a micra which has one and stick it in yours.

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
Driver side door, near bottom left.. small black button??

Might not be the fuse.. may be the button has seen its days..

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
there is a buzzer or beeper located behind the small shelf under the steering wheel... two screws at the back with get that out... if there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it then there is the switch in the corner of the door frame (bottom of the B pillar) this sometimes breaks... if that is ok then you can fit a new one like i did, i got a chiming one out of a hyundai accent... wire the possitive side of the buzzer to something that comes on with the lights, i used the light above the cig lighter port... make sure you get the right side of the bulb... if you wire it up and the buzzer comes on when the lights are off then you need the other wire...

the negative side of the buzzer will need to go to the door switch, pull back the carpet and unbolt the switch (pozzy drive) you will need to link with that wire from that switch... the result is that the curcuit is only complete when the buzzer had a negative from the door and a possitive from the lights...

good luck mate ;)

OP
OP
lewic

lewic

Ex. Club Member
Thanks thats really useful. Will have a look at the weekend, better do it soon or I'm going to end up killing the new battery!

TriNode

Ex. Club Member
is that the same switch that turns the roof / interior light on when the door opens? if so you could see if that still works, and eliminate a faulty switch as the cause.