Lightening a standard flywheel

Just looking at all the drill holes to reduce weight..... How did you ever manage to balance that up? That's nuts looking!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Just looking at all the drill holes to reduce weight..... How did you ever manage to balance that up? That's nuts looking!

with a bearing in the middle (5 yrs ago :)
tho facelift f/w,s dont work as well, because of the deeper dish (you have to fit the clutch cover and use 2 bearings on them)

I'm trying to get my head around the video. If properly balanced it should rotate constantly and deccelerate evenly as opposed to like in the video, where it slowed and gained momentum again? The point that settles at the lowest point is where weight is to be removed?

I'm trying to get my head around the video. If properly balanced it should rotate constantly and deccelerate evenly as opposed to like in the video, where it slowed and gained momentum again? The point that settles at the lowest point is where weight is to be removed?

yes :) ideally you want it to come to rest in a different position each time eh (random chalk marks), i use a little magnet to indicate how much drilling is required

Frank, that's too complicated for me lol. Since i'm doing carbs i'd like some faster rev's. I have a non-coilpack facelift 1.0

Again like many on here i don't fancy ripping apart a gearbox and engine before having a clue what i'm doing. Even at that i'd rather go down to a breakers and grab a flywheels so i'm not busting up my own.

I can get access to a lathe, but i wouldn't know where to begin. Anyone willing to do a step by step on this one? Not looking at anyone in particular though. *AhemfrankAhem*

*EDIT*...OR...Sell me one? :p

here,s a GA16 one, same fitment but bigger centre bore, with the back machined down (the outer edge has the most momentum, and has a much greater effect :)

SDC11783.JPG
SDC11784.JPG

Back