Light front damage to K11. Headlights, bonnet?, bumper? possibly needed

Hi all,
I have a 2001 K11 S, 3 Dr with nearly 38k on the clock. After leaving my car parked behind a small lorry whilst at uni, I returned to find that the driver had reversed into the front of my micra. Some images are attached to show the damage to my car.

I have been told that if I were to go though insurance, then it would almost certainly be written off and to add to the misery I have a £300 accidental damage excess in my policy. A local garage has quoted me £250-300 to put right by telling me I would have to replace the bonnet, front bumper, and both front headlights (plus possibly the headlight mounting brackets).

The damage to the bonnet has jammed the bonnet release mechanism into the car which means that its difficult to open the bonnet altogether without possibly taking the front bumper off. So I have a few questions to ask. Firstly, would I be able to keep hold of the bonnet and front bumper or is replacing them essential. Also the mechanic has told me that even though one of the front headlights is in pretty good condition, it will still need to be replaced as its mounting brackets may have been damaged.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Photo123.jpg
    Photo123.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 254
  • Photo124.jpg
    Photo124.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 240
  • Photo125.jpg
    Photo125.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 208
i ziptied my front bumper look at my profile for pic, it does the job until i can afford a new bumper and paint. you wont find parts in that colour for love nor money :p

All the best.

Back