Light bulbs

I've wanted to sort out my headlights because they're in need of desperate attention and I want to upgrade my bulbs can I upgrade to led or xenon instead of the halogen ones or not?

I've wanted to sort out my headlights because they're in need of desperate attention and I want to upgrade my bulbs can I upgrade to led or xenon instead of the halogen ones or not?

I’ve got LED stop/tail bulbs, they didn't present any warning lights so the CANBUS issue doesn’t seem to affect K12 Micra’s AFAIK

Last edited:
I’ve not fitted LED headlights or fog lights and I won’t until the technology improves however I believe you can without getting any CANBUS errors because the bulbs don’t seem to be connected to it.

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
I bought identical set to THESE LIGHTS, with third of the cost from eBay. Haven't installed them yet! :(
Summer is gone, darkness begins every day earlier ... :unsure:

Related to lights, I ordered those Amber Side Marker Fit For Nissan 350Z Micra Navara Note Cube Tiida Pathfinder
few days ago to front fender side turn signals.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Nowadays, as a rule, xenon or halogen lamps are installed in cars. But it's about a couple of years since the latest models, mainly premium brands, began to install LED headlights. These lights are very effective in performing their functions. Therefore they began slowly introducing it in the average price segment of cars. If you do not skimp on buying high-quality LED bulbs, they will last you for many years. Even in my house, LED lights work from a smart outlet https://www.amazon.com/smart-plug-wifi-plugs-alexa/dp/B09KTYH3MJ. With this lighting, my eyes do not get tired when I drive in the car for a long time.

Last edited:

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
Nowadays, as a rule, xenon or halogen lamps are installed in cars. But it's about a couple of years since the latest models, mainly premium brands, began to install LED headlights.
DONE! ;):giggle:
My blog => -06 Micra 160SR of Mika The Finn

LED it be!

I finally got around to installing Chinese made led-H4 bulbs to my Micra...
Friend of mine checked the lights with an aiming device at his garage. He said aim is great, and almost none of that weird reflection that is blinding/troubles on coming traffic, associated with H4-led bulbs.
Compared to halogen H4 bulbs, these put two times more light, in rain on black tarmac, I was able to see very well.
Autumn/winter is very near here in the Land of the Finns, interesting to find out how long they will last.
Small excitement for me when driving around, cause H4-led bulbs don't have any kind of E-approval.
I have to change bulbs to H4-halogens prior Finnish yearly MOT in March.

Bible: "Let there be light, and there was light.";)

15006830.jpg

I ordered a while ago LED side turn signals: 2x Dynamic LED Side Marker Turn Signal Light fit for Nissan Navara Micra Tiida

Interesting to see how they look like when installed!

cy_gMPyCiRvPy-_F0uvOjg9epqN0yDqdF_N6iYm7CpYMeKDLVy6h7JS5vrIbXFUy-i1viO9oY2Odqn510A=s0-d-e1-ft

I covered new amber/gray turn signals with light blue window tape, now they almost disappear when viewed from side.

14895123.jpg

14895124.jpg

14895125.jpg

And video of my version on Micra DRL's => Mika's Micra K12 DRL's