LED Strip Fitting Help

Hi Think i posted in wrong part of forum but dont no how to delete other one, but anyway

i recently bought two LED strips audi style for my front grill and i want to hook it up to the side lights, can anyone go through the process of doing so for me please or link me to something similar

thanks

where abouts did you get them from?! i no how to wire it up to the front grill because i did the stero and amp etc

are the bright enough than as use with the battery and sidelights?

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
If you click on my blog, and go to the last page I have also fitted Audi Style LED's to mine. It's really quite simple, I'm going to wire mine via the postive off the cigarette plug so when the ignition is turned on the lights come on. The ones I have aren't in the shops just yet as they are samples.

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Andy i made them. the led's are only bright at night. during the day, you cant see them :(
if you mean can the battery cope with the side lights and extra leds, i would say yes. i just went the cigarette lighter way so i can have them on and off etc.

ok thats alright, suppose it depends how good they are, i seen two different sets and ones can be seen well at correct angle and other only at night.

Trouble is how would you connect it to the cigarette lighter, do you need to connect it to an on off switch or what, and as for connecting it to the side lights, i not sure where the neg and pos terminals are on it to connect to! if anyone has a micra they would no jus changing a lightbulb on these are merely a job in it self!

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
i have a 3socket cigarette light adapter so i can turn them on and off with the built in switch.
i got hold of a blank cigarette lighter end and added my own wires off it, to the leds. really was simple. i tested which was positive and negative by trial and error. if it didnt turn on, the it must mean wires need swapping. that simple.

ive never seen inside the k12 engine bay :( at back of the light connector block / housing) but on the k11 i know where id try the leds with the side lights.

can you post a pic of your headlights please? ill try and look online aswell.

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Sorry late reply!
Andy thats it! thats what i got! inside you'll see two terminals. ill take a pic of mine so you understand it better :) but you screw positive to one, and negative screws to the other. switch already on the adapter. simple :)

you just get a 5amp wiring kit (£3.99 halfords) and extend the leds to your engine bay through a grommet

naps

yea i considered that, but the wires arent long enough so probably gonna wire it up to the battery, what do i need to do for that, i not at all good for with electrics!
do they two wires connect to a crimp connector then straight onto the positive terminal or what?

help lol

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
if you wire a 12v led to straight to the battery i do believe it will blow. i think you need a resister or transformer etc, not sure thats why i went cigarette 12v route......lot easier lol!

i got a pack of different male/female male wire connectors etc and then crimped my new wire into one and then attached this into the cig adapter. was a size to thick so bit fiddly securing it all together but safer than just wrapping open wire around them.

i asked many ebay sellers bout this and they all said it shouldnt blow the LEDs, yea i got blank fused cig lighters but taking the extra wire from dash to the bonnet is so complicated if you dont no how to!