LED Dash Bulbs

Primal_Concrete_Micra

Ex. Club Member
Anybody recently ordered any of these? I ordered some a few weeks ago but when they came the bulbs would not fit in the holders so i sent them back!
Really need some more but don't wanna order any without being sure they will fit, anyone recommend anywhere?

Cheers

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Were they 286 bulbs? I know when I got my LED bulbs I had to slice some bits off so they would fit in the hole.

crazyleds.co.uk
i got blue set off ebay, for bout £6. look very nice and very easy to fit, there is a guide somewere on how to get to the bulbs holders.

good luck

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
are you talking about the ones that constantly keep changing colour, youll get use them quickly after a week or so:p

I am indeed, I've got some samples thinking they were white, but they're not, lol. I think they'd put me off and probably fail my mot.

OP
OP
Primal_Concrete_Micra

Primal_Concrete_Micra

Ex. Club Member
Were they 286 bulbs? I know when I got my LED bulbs I had to slice some bits off so they would fit in the hole.

What bulb numbers did you actually order?

yeh they were the 286 bulbs, i thought these were the same as the 509t's?

get them front ultraleds, they fit perfectly.

but last 5 minutes in the speedo clocks... so be warned
yeh i also found them to be temperemental, was lookin to order couple of 10 packs some white some blue!

crazyleds.co.uk
i got blue set off ebay, for bout £6. look very nice and very easy to fit, there is a guide somewere on how to get to the bulbs holders.

good luck

I'll check out crazy leds :) yeh im good for fitting them, had them changed a few times now

andy88

Ex. Club Member
I am indeed, I've got some samples thinking they were white, but they're not, lol. I think they'd put me off and probably fail my mot.

you'll get use to them quick, i did and my cars passed the mot with them fitted to the dials:grinning:

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
you'll get use to them quick, i did and my cars passed the mot with them fitted to the dials:grinning:

Hmmmm Interesting, well I need to take the cowl off at some point anyway to laquer it anyway, so I might give it a go.

509T have a plastic base the 286 is just a standard bulb W2.3x4.6d capless bulb, when I changed my LED's I know the bulbs came out of the base but wasn't sure on the base type itself.

OP
OP
Primal_Concrete_Micra

Primal_Concrete_Micra

Ex. Club Member
ordered from crazyleds yesterday, they're pretty good there as they now send out bulbholders with them too so no messin about tryin to get them to fit. They also give a years warranty with them :)

capnmchl

Ex. Club Member
So how long are the lifespan of these LED bulbs?

I'm interested in getting some, but I don't want them to need replacing after basically no time.

OP
OP
Primal_Concrete_Micra

Primal_Concrete_Micra

Ex. Club Member
i found they usually last a few months before 1 goes, as i said crazy LED's give 1 year warranty so if they blow before then you could always send them back and get a replacement

OP
OP
Primal_Concrete_Micra

Primal_Concrete_Micra

Ex. Club Member
right well here are the LED pics as promised, not got one of the standard bulbs as i didnt have those in, and forgot to take of just the standard blue bulbs, these are quite dim though so i'd go LED over coloured bulbs any day....

S7300502.jpg

S7300503.jpg

capnmchl

Ex. Club Member
What were the LED's you used for all that then? Are they the proper business end of stuff?

I'm quite intrigued. I want to do something funky to the inside of my car, but we all know standard LED's you can buy from rapid etc are pretty crappy and weak.

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Is that a custom dial set of some sorts? Or is it standard for the facelifts?

Just interested in how you got the red bits to stay red, and how you got the needles to light up red.

Standard dials in a Facelift. I replaced the 4? bulbs which turned them blue but for some reason didnt effect the red parts.