LED Bulbs - CANBUS Errors

Has anyone fitted any kind of LED bulbs to their K12?

I was looking at these 380 type stop and tail bulbs that are quoted as not being CANBUS compatible.

Does anyone know if the K12 bulbs are connected to the CANBUS system?

So...I just replaced the standard stop and tail 380 bulbs with the LED type I mentioned above and I am happy to report the car has not presented any CANBUS errors yet/so far/at the moment :cool::unsure::geek:

Good luck with that, I myself have had enough of LED lights in my previous cars. I am happy to replace all my bulbs with new for £5 that should see me through winter.?

In the context of your reply there is a saying about gamblers "a fool and his money are soon parted" if one was being pedantic they could apply that to my purchase however I'd counteract that by wanging on about the extra visibility and improved split second possible accident preventing safety aspects not only because that suits my agenda also because they were not at all expensive and it's only money, fortunately not in short supply here at the moment :whistle: = whistling ?

yes its personal choice, I find no problem with the lights, apart from the front side lights that could do with a boost in illumination.new cars are a pain and glad to leave them all behind for a time when cars were made to drive and repair.:unsure:

I am ridiculed amongst my circle of friends for adoring the K12 Micra so much, they all drive so called prestige saloon's, coupe's, SUV's etc etc yada yada yada you get the picture, since I have myself been the owner of such vehicles (with the exception of an SUV :poop:) I do think there is value in improving certain aspects of the K12 or indeed any car of the same generation to bring it in line with more recent standards and improvements such as exterior LED lighting, I agree about the front side lights and if there was a sensible solution I'd have LED headlights too, no doubt the technology will be developed soon.

Last edited:
With new or older prestige cars you are just burning through money at a alarming rate, new set of tyres for my GTC would by a decent k12 without the need for extra expense and the state of the roads is disgusting for the money motorist are paying into the system. the K12" is quirky and different in a bland market, the new Nissan leaf has adopted a similar set up with the front headlights, so aspects of the k12 keep popping up (wouldn't like the expense of changing modern head lights either), so if we all keep the old girls going we are the winners out there.?

Agree, modern cars are bland, the new shape Focus looks very much reminiscent of the A class Mercedes, that's one of dozens I could mention.

It'd be great if someone kept on producing the K12 bodies like they do the VW Beetle and original Mini. I intend to keep running a K12 right up until 2035 when the internal combustion engine is outlawed, maybe by then someone will be doing sensibly priced electric conversions and battery technology would be significantly better than it is now.

If they outlawed the Engine, all the old classics would be in museums, the wagons will be unable to deliver it all sound a little too far too fast, I travel on the continent and electric will just not cut it with the vast distances needed to drive. I found the best solution was BMW's range extended range this provided a small engine to charge the electric batteries thus keeping the vehicle moving over long distances and providing 400mpg for the engine. Manufacturers have chosen to either have a hybrid useless system that keeps a large engine with weak battery set up or full electric with poor range at speed, and no solar or wind turbine (which could be hidden in the cars skirt) to charge when it is stood or on the move. It is a half hearted attempt whilst keeping in (hand in glove) with the energy market£££££££:unsure:

It isn't if they outlawed the internal combustion engine it is when, 2035 is the date they'll all be outlawed by, I too am not an advocate of fully electric cars YET, people of a certain age will remember electric milk floats so the concept of fully electric vehicles has been around for decades, relatively speaking I don't think battery technology has evolved enough for fully electric vehicles to be considered a viable alternative to an internal combustion engine just yet and nor do I think it will by 2035, there will be government policy changes and amendments to come no doubt about it.

I seeeeee...the wording is crucial, Outlawing new vehicles with gas engines is proposed by 2035, "new" being the operative word and & "will not be retrospectively applied to pre-existing motors"

Great news, thanks so much for the important clarification, admittedly I hadn't researched the matter at all and my comments were based on what is now obviously a sensationalist hype driven report on the BBC, shame on them for the lack of accuracy, I should make it known on Points of View if it were still a thing ;)(y)

I seeeeee...the wording is crucial, Outlawing new vehicles with gas engines is proposed by 2035, "new" being the operative word and & "will not be retrospectively applied to pre-existing motors"

Great news, thanks so much for the important clarification, admittedly I hadn't researched the matter at all and my comments were based on what is now obviously a sensationalist hype driven report on the BBC, shame on them for the lack of accuracy, I should make it known on Points of View if it were still a thing ;)(y)

The UK takes twenty five or more years to talk about, plan & build a single power generating station & the Not Me Gov.co.UK

present administration (not responsible for anything) has its head so far up its own backside that it can’t see daylight, never mind future societal

social economic ecological energy & distribution transport needs & how to meet & match them in 2035? :rolleyes: