Laser eye treatment

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Anyone on here had it done? I've just had the consultation and i'm really really tempted to go ahead with it. There's obviously risks, but everyone i know who's had it said its the best thing ever.

So.. anyone on here had it or considering it?

my dad had it done a few years ago but his short-sight is back now. there are, like you said, obvious risks with surgery especially when it comes to sensitive part like your eyes. some come out perfectly fine and some (i heard) come out with severe and consistant pain...

the surgery itself will be over in literally seconds.

and something for you to think about - most of the opticians & eye surgeons wear glasses and dont go through laser surgery for a reason............

That's very true and a point i made to the woman during the consultation, but she said they were just waiting to work there long enough then they get the treatment free! Didn't swallow that, they know something I don't! but from the people i've heard who's had it done, they wonder why they waited as long as they did. It's a really tough decision

well the long waiting time could be down to various reasons to be fair and the most obvious one being queuing time for a surgery slot. eye surgery has become rather common nowadays and a lot people do it sometimes even for a mild eyesight problem.

they still have a relatively high success rate compared to other types of surgeries so dont be put off by me. my shortsight is real bad, i am practically blind without my glasses but i still wouldnt consider laser. there is nothing wrong with contact lenses, i can even swim with them with my swimming goggles on. id only opt for surgery if it was absolutely necessary.

http://www.usaeyes.org/lasik/faq/lasik-risk.htm

my prescription seems to change over time - some years it gets worse, some years it gets a lot better. Thats the only reason (aside from money) that I haven't had the laser surgery done. I'm worried it (if it worked perfectly) would only be a temp fix.

i had mine done fella back in january last year!

as you may remember i had to wear glasses all the time after i got a crater in my left eye from welding!

i couldnt wear contacts because of it!

but is by far the best 2 1/2k i spent by far. would do it over again in an instance

a guy at work has had it done and apart from him having to sleep with these cup things over his eyes for a few days and coming in the next day with big red circles round his eyes, he is fine.

i found out that your eyes constantly adjust in their limits until about 21 when any eye problems become perminent. before then you can fix alot of it with excersises.

a guy at work has had it done and apart from him having to sleep with these cup things over his eyes for a few days and coming in the next day with big red circles round his eyes, he is fine.

i believe that must have been done sometime ago as this technology is outdated, most patients can see straight after the operation. :kungfu:

I've heard the majority are ok after 48 hours, but i went on that link above, and a forum that linked off that and there's people which have said there sight hasn't come back correctly after 2 months. :s. The optician said the worst case scenario is you will stilll need glasses, but that's not what that link above says either!!

My step-mom has been back several times to have it done and shes in pain most of the time, until she went to London to have it done by someone who knew what they were doing...just make sure you get the right people to do it ;)

my dad has tried both boots and specsavers and they seem to be very professional in what they do. when it comes to surgery, always opt for the biggest most reputable company.

Well i've been dealing with Optical Express, who seem claim they're the number 1 etc (like they all do). It's so tempting.. arrrgh tricky choice

if you have considered all pros and cons and still feel like doing it then go for it mate.

it is quite an interesting prospect not having to wear glasses for a long time and buying new glasses every year will prob cost that amount in the long run anyway.

I wanna get it done aswell tbh, but its just im having the same thoughts as you
Wat age do you have to be by the way??
Also i have the problem of cash lol

Gd luck if you go for it m8

My eyes are still a bit hazy from the drops they put in from the consultation, which isn't normal. They're still dilated and i can't focus properly, so going to go back at lunch and speak to them about it.

And scrappy, they do offer various finance options to make it affordable.

the worser your eyesight is, the more expensive it is. dont fall for those leaflets or brochures stating from £300 per eye as you'll most likely to be paying a lot more than that.

and yes you have to be 21 years of age.

arnold those orangy yellowy colour drops they put in your eyes during consultation only suppose to last 1 day. go check!

my uncle had it done and they screwed something up when they were taking the thingy out or something (didnt really pay attention, sorreh) and he went blind til the swelling went down enough to fix it.

but my aunt had it done, was out and could see perfectly within 2 hours.

Back