Large gap in wheel arch (front)

Hi,

I am new on here after just buying a Micra 1l 'Passion' for my other half.:grinning:
Car seems sound all round but has just one problem. In the front wheel are the plastic just above the mudguard seems to have a large gap and, after inspection, there seemed to be alot of 'crap' inside the front wing!
I got it all out (mud, leaves etc.) but I am guessing that it will all find it's way back in there?! The arch on the drivers side has a gap but nowhere near as wide ( so there was less crap in there).
I am assuming the plastic has warped with age or maybe they are like that?
Any ideas??

Thanks
Jon

just to clarify, do you mean the splash guards inside the wheel arch?? on my K10 they are screwed to a lip on the arch itself.. check if there seems to be the relevent holes then maybe the screws have fallen out over time. they are little plastic things i think so should be a cheap n easy fix!, if not then i would spray a load of undersealer inside the wing to stop any rust and then MAKE some holes and screw them in place. :)

Splash guards

Hi,

Yes it is the splash guards. There does not seem to be anywhere to attach it to the actual arch itself. there are no holes in it to fix through. I guess it may be wise to try and fix the two together?!

Thanks

Jon

Had another look and so as not to confuse...
The splash guards are fastened near the outside edge but the gap I have is on the inside edge (as you look into the wheel arch it's the furthest edge away).

Thanks

Jon

i see... i think its best to block the hole somehow as mud and crap makes a lot of rust.. nearly killed my car.

Filler?

I better get it sorted then. Gap is too big for silicone so may gave to think about that one. If you look from inside the wing where the crap was you cannot see any light getting through so it's not going directly through from the wheel arch...hmmm... if it only it was summertime and I could spend time outside trying to sort it.

Thanks
Jon

it sounds as if it has split, as i can remember when i took the whole of the front of my car apart, the spash guarg went all the way around.
ill try and find a pic......
hmmmmmm...
ahhhaaa!
as u can see the splash guard goes all the way around and fastens.... i dont think it fastens all on the inner side but it lines up, perhaps its warped or damaged?
im 99% sure im not helping at all and im just talking rubbish so ill be quiet now lol

as the photo didnt attach... here it is

Splash guards

Sorry but there was no pic or like but I know what you are saying. It does seem that the plastic splash guard has just warped a little to create a gap, If I have no joy in filling it then I guess a replacement will be required?!

Thanks

Jon

yeah im sure a replacement would be the best thing....
here is the pic.. i hope

Attachments

• Picture 133.jpg
    Picture 133.jpg
    644.3 KB · Views: 194
Back