lambda sensor wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronin_kid

61 cubic inches of power
does it matter which way round the two black (heater) wires are connected?.

also, does anyone know if theres any differance between the cheepo e-bay universal sensors and the oem bosch sensor?.

pollyp

Club Member
wouldn't have thought so cos a heaters just a resistor, works either way.

maybe the brands have different durability? all work the same purpose, unless it's a wideband sensor.

OP
OP
ronin_kid

ronin_kid

61 cubic inches of power
wouldn't have thought so cos a heaters just a resistor, works either way.

maybe the brands have different durability? all work the same purpose, unless it's a wideband sensor.

thanks Pollyp - thats what i thought, but didnt want to risk fusing a new sensor (or the ecu!) for the sake of asking a question.... (Y)

as for durability, its more of a stop-gap measure then a perminant solution, i'm planning to get a wideband with simulated narrowband output (eventually) anyways, although with (allegedly) genuine bosch units only costing £10 more i may go mad and treat myself :laugh:

does anyone know the part number of the oem sensor btw???

OP
OP
ronin_kid

ronin_kid

61 cubic inches of power
I got my wideband sensor with controller for £120ish.

Look up Techedge 2j1

cheers Alienfish, i was looking at the 2Y as i have a friend who's a bit of a wizz with a soldering iron, but the 2J is tempting- does that price include delivery and import taxes etc?.

ideally i'd like the VEMS 02/egt unit, but at £320 its a bit out of my price range - i'm sure i'll be able to find a cheaper way to display and log egt somehow...

ETA - just checked and the 2Y has 3 thermocouple imputs, bonus!.

OP
OP
ronin_kid

ronin_kid

61 cubic inches of power
seeing it all there in £ stirling is mighty tempting, but i'm saving for the nistune board first before spashing out on something like this - glad to hear your happy with the equipment tho, it looks good on the web-site, but its better knowin someones using it and happy with it...

OP
OP
ronin_kid

ronin_kid

61 cubic inches of power
yes and no - you'd be able to advance the ignition (without moving the distributer) and up the rev-limit on the nistune, its just without a wideband any changes to fueling would be a shot-in-the-dark, so to speak.. with the wideband and no way to alter fueling all you could do is sit back and watch the gauge move...

but anyways, this thread has gone off topic enough - if anyone has any definate info about the lambda wiring please PM me...

Status
Not open for further replies.