Kumho KH31 tyres

RustyCheez

Ex. Club Member
Any one used Kumho KH31 tyres specifically 185/50 R16?, need to know if they are any good I am used to the Continental ones. I have read good and bad reviews and just do not want to waste my money.

I had a couple of sets of these. They were pretty good giving around 20,000+ miles. However, I bit the bullet for Toyo Proxes T1-R and never really looked back. They're about £30 a tyre more expensive but the lack of steering wheel buzz and brilliant wet grip more than made up for the extra cost :).

DSC00482.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

grippy but you get what you pay for in tyres

The current t1rs are awful, a few years ago they were great but now.... Have no confidence in driving with them.
The new kumho aren't that great either the older ku31 were the good ones.

Federal 912 are the daddy right now.

ive got 4 new/ nearly new kumho's on my micra sport, they were i think 65 pounds each as opposed to 125 quoted for the continentals, which is what i really wanted on mine, but as was said earlier you get what you pay for, but they seem ok on my car.

Well I decided to go for the Kumho's as no-one around me can get continental's until 16th December, bought them from blackcircles for £65 each £260 for all 4 all in which is a real saving of £200 over the Conti's. So far I am very pleased with them a lttlie bit of understeer compared to the Conti's but not overly bad. I have had a chance to try them on the twistys in the rain and they are very good, I did read a few forums that stated they were lethal in the wet but so far so good. Would love to try a set of Toyo's but again I have read on forums how they are lethal in the snow but maybe I over research stuff too much and should try them and make up my own opinion.

the T1Rs were fine in last yrs blizzard long as there's obviously enough tread and u don't drive recklessly

I agree Paul, I went to work right through the snow and -18c temperatures last year and T1-Rs with good tread were fine. I wouldn't say Kuhmos were lethal in the rain but the T1-Rs spank them :).

I have Kuhmos on mine and hate them, not sure of the model though. The grip in the cold or wet is just pants, having come from a Ka with skiny budget rubber I really expected better, they are OK in the dry. I've had Toyo T1-Rs on previous cars and would go with them

I've got Khumos on my 1.2 Sport+ - not quite as good as Conti's - but grip well and a lot cheaper

Wife has Mohawks on her 1.2 Tekna - seem ok so far (got via BlackCircles - budget tyres)

All a lot cheaper than Conti's etc. - both on 16'' standard alloys

Need to sort out my dodgy drivers door central locking now.......

Back