• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Kris C's Super S

Kris C

Ex. Club Member
Hi all, i joined here to find a K11 Super-S as my daily and at the begining of the year i picked up Eliot's K11. Havent done much to it but i will be befoe JAE hopefully so i thought id start a blog to keep track of the changes.

Dispite the rain got a few things done, first off poped up to the breakers and picked up a coulpe of things namley a new aerial as the old one was broken at the head unit plug. Also picked up an 02 plate rear wipr motor and the number plate trim as one of the lugs had broken so it was flaping about when lifting the boot.

Picture200Medium.jpg

Picture202Medium.jpg

Loads of patients was needed to pas the cble down the a piller as i didnt have anything to hand to feed it down

Picture201Medium.jpg

While i was there i decided to change the ignition barrel back over to the origonal so i have one key. Figured it was the switch at the back at fault hence the previous swap.

Nearly back together with a couple of new shear bolts
Picture203Medium.jpg

Ill some more pics up whe the weather clears (if it clears) :grinning:

OP
OP
Kris C

Kris C

Ex. Club Member
Got a pic of the rear wiper in its new spot, no faffing about with covers off and gears just go one from an 02 plate and its plug and play :grinning:

Picture205Medium.jpg

The front is still looking sorry for itself but with a new front panel to go on and get the bumper painted by the bodyshop at work it will be all good for JAE. The Bang Tidy sticker isnt a permenant fixture :laugh:

Picture206Medium.jpg

Also ordered from work some genuine wind deflectors, chuffed.

Picture207Medium.jpg

Picture208Medium.jpg

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Got a pic of the rear wiper in its new spot, no faffing about with covers off and gears just go one from an 02 plate and its plug and play :grinning:

The front is still looking sorry for itself but with a new front panel to go on and get the bumper painted by the bodyshop at work it will be all good for JAE. The Bang Tidy sticker isnt a permenant fixture :laugh:

Also ordered from work some genuine wind deflectors, chuffed.

Picture207Medium.jpg

Picture208Medium.jpg

I want those wind deflectors... I think i know quite a few who would! (Y)

Glad your ressurecting this :D

Eliot

Ex Super S Owner
I got show and shine last year with it at JAE :grinning: Im sure you can bag it again with the respray.Its coming along, glad to see its gone to a good place. (Y)

OP
OP
Kris C

Kris C

Ex. Club Member
I must admit i bought it for the daily use but its moved swiftly to the top of my projects. Im hoping the repray will be before JAE but if not it will be patched in so show and shine might e out of reach, this year.

Shaun, im thinking of puttng together a goup buy and possibly take them to JAE and save on postage. only a limited number left from Nissan.

OP
OP
Kris C

Kris C

Ex. Club Member
Couple of little bit, LED sidelights and new OE keys as mine are starting to twist with age and use and keyring pinched from the display at work :eek:

RoverMedium.jpg

OP
OP
Kris C

Kris C

Ex. Club Member
Not had much time to work on the Super so just had bits and bobs, got the dash led's fitted and they look alot better in the dead of nght, also got the number pltes ones done.
DSCN0398Medium.jpg

DSCN0402Medium.jpg

During the day i thought i better find out what the back arch looks likeunder the filler, kind of wish i hadnt lol

DSCN0409Medium.jpg

DSCN0410Medium.jpg

OP
OP
Kris C

Kris C

Ex. Club Member
Ordered up some new shoes for it the other week in the lovely ET10 offset, they have to order them up, 4-6 weeks so they wont be on in time for JAE :down:

DR20-1570-2GBM.jpg

OP
OP
Kris C

Kris C

Ex. Club Member
So ive picked up most of my parts now and its time to get the front end sorted. I knew Eliot had had a bump but no dramas, on a closer look i thought the front panel could do with replacing due to age and the bump so on we go.

DSCN0413Medium.jpg

Before i start

DSCN0411Medium.jpg

cross member off

DSCN0414Medium.jpg

drill out the spot welds

DSCN0415Medium.jpg

New panel

DSCN0420Medium.jpg

and a test fit to check alingments

DSCN0421Medium.jpg

Then came the rain so ive packed up for the day, more as i go :grinning:

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Project seems to be coming along nicely mate, and those alloys are going to look boss :grinning:(Y). Stretched tyres?

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
thats serious man, you got that visor for the back boot a new front panel bumper.
how many drill outs for the old panel ? and the front panel has all bolt holes for tow stuff and that ? if so got the linky

Eliot

Ex Super S Owner
lovley mate, glad to see its getting restored, wish I had the money to have done it myself. All gonna be sprayed up for JAE?

OP
OP
Kris C

Kris C

Ex. Club Member
Stretched tyres is a must.

The panel is from Hadrians panels and has all the holes and captive nuts etc, only thing you have to swap is the lower rad mounts.

OP
OP
Kris C

Kris C

Ex. Club Member
lovley mate, glad to see its getting restored, wish I had the money to have done it myself. All gonna be sprayed up for JAE?

Should be party sprayed, dont have time at the moment but its on the cards fo next years JAE

OP
OP
Kris C

Kris C

Ex. Club Member
:blush: Im on it, but tbh ive not got much to update as all ive been doing is driving and enjoying it and mostly because ive been spending vast sums of money on buying into a Snap-On franchise so im strapped at the mo, but i managed a new 4S iPhone (obviously)