Knocking noise from front passenger wheel

when i turn to the right there is a heavy knocking noise from the passenger side wheel and sometimes a crunching noise and i noticed a bit of oversteering aswell dont know what it is, plus cv boot was changed recently so have no idea what it is???:(:(:(

micrak1100.jpg

It sounds to me like the driveshaft is finished, it was probably already on it's way out when you changed the boot. If the old boot was leaking grease then there's a chance that the joint was running dry and thus wore out. Pick up a good pair of 2nd hand ones from a scrap yard and fit them both (i'm my own oppinion even if your other shaft is ok it's best to fit your replacement shafts as a pair because they will have equal wear.)
A pair of shafts should cost £20 - £25, but before you pay for them make sure you check them. Hold them from the middle in a vertical position and give them a shake, if either of them make a knocking sound then they're no good so don't buy them.
Hope this helps. (Y)

I would just change the nessasary CV joint mate tbh, not that bigger job and not expensive (20 odd). buying second hand driveshafts is a bit dodgy i think. just my opinion.

I would just change the nessasary CV joint mate tbh, not that bigger job and not expensive (20 odd). buying second hand driveshafts is a bit dodgy i think. just my opinion.

I've always used 2nd hand driveshafts on all my cars, i've never once had a problem. It's down to weather or not you have the good sence to check things before you buy them.

Back