Kick panels for speakers... Also tweeter question

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Think it has been mentioned before but had a search and couldn't find it but there was a site a while back that someone posted up, where there was a detailed description of how to put speakers in kick panels near the door. Does anyone have the link to it, as looking to do them when I get my car back, also where would be the best place to put the tweeters, I'm assuming on top of dash or possobly in A-pillars?? Thanks for the help in advance. :)

Not sure about door speakers but on my K11 i have tweeters in the pillars as pictured. You might be able to pick some up from a scrapyard.

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 265
No chance of getting any at a scrapyard, they will 100% have to be custom, just looking for the guide that was posted up on here a while back. How do they sound there?? :)

To be honest i can't really tell how good they are. (must be an age thing!) I suppose if i was to disconnect them i might notice. Anyway i have got 2 spare ones you can have if you send me your address. Picked them up at a scrapyard i went to with my mate.Thought they might come in handy. Their Blaupunkt and are 4 ohms.

Attachments

• Picture 081.jpg
    Picture 081.jpg
    815.4 KB · Views: 260
Kick panels, if you have got the room in your car, are usually the best place to position speakers :).

However, it can take a lot of aiming, and a lot of effort to get it exactly right, and to avoid a 'rainbow' type arch of sound between the two kicks :)

If its done correctly, the sound should be coming to you at ear level, even though the speakers are positioned much lower!

Theres a shed load of stuff on the net mate - if you're thinking of getting into anything audio for a proper bufty response check out talkaudio.co.uk, theres also a few tutorials as well, for kick panels too :)

Any probs gimme a shout.

lewis said:
Theres a shed load of stuff on the net mate - if you're thinking of getting into anything audio for a proper bufty response check out talkaudio.co.uk, theres also a few tutorials as well, for kick panels too :)

Any probs gimme a shout.

Very good it is too, I am also a member :upside:

Yeah, had a quick look on there, but sure there was a step by step guide on how to make them put up somewhere. Plan on doing them, for looks as well as sound, will they fit ok in a micra Pete?? Assuming I could make them work, even if they aint pointing directly to your ears. :)

Back