keys locked in car

superls

K10 Tuner
my bro has locked his only key in his k11 and i need to break in or get in the car with minimal damage and expense, there in the ignition so cant be hooked out with a wire or anything like that.

any advise?

cheers superls

If your going to smash any windows make it the rear 1/4 ones and get someone smal to climb in. The rear 1/4 are easiset to replace. I'd say pick the lock but i doubt you have the tools or know how and its too hard to explain jimmy'ing it

go get a new front window from the breakers (£15?) cover his front window with something like parcel tape (to stop glass shattering everywhere) and break in, then put the new window in..... thats how i would do it anyway

pull out the black seal that runs from say the wing mirror along to the above the handle. then get one of those wire coat hangers and open it up and if you look closely you can see where to put it to open the door, took me 20 mins or so

"i'll get my tool", "that's not a tool, that's a damn brick" gone in sixty seconds style through rear quarter window after it's put lots of tape on it. Or try a similar key in door lock, may open???? Also don't the aa and rac help in these situations if you're a member.

try another nissan key in the lock, just give it a little wiggle and turn at the same time worked in my old 93 march when i got locked out

Smash one of the rear 3/4 windows with a brick.

If you got the popper ones, then they're 2 screw to replace, if you've got permanent ones, then I'm sure it's just as easy.

dont do one of the rears, the fronts are cheeper and easyer to replace (£20 i payed for one when mines was broken into and head unit was stolen)
also i donno if its such a good idea telling people out loud how to brake into a k11 incase theres theifs about

try another nissan key in the lock, just give it a little wiggle and turn at the same time worked in my old 93 march when i got locked out

this gets my vote, just about any key will open my car on the drivers side. lock is soo worn

lol that's so bad! NeX, you better get that fixed - you don't want shady characters like MM lurking about it ;)

lol that's so bad! NeX, you better get that fixed - you don't want shady characters like MM lurking about it ;)

Nah its quite handy actually, every time I borrow something I just leave it in the LX when I'm done lol. I believe he has smooth doors to put on it when he gets it resprayed in the future.

I was very lucky just before Christmas, and thanks to a Christmas card I was given by this lady when I went to fix her washing machine.

As I had lots of tools and things in my hands, I decided to put the Christmas card away first inside the car so I opened the driver's door and placed my phone and the card on the passenger seat.

Then as I was loading stuff into the back of the Micra, my only key I had, dropped inside the boot unknown to me, and I closed the boot lid, then I thought damn, I can't find my keys, not in my pocket, so looked everywhere and realised I must have dropped them in the boot!!

but minutes later I realised that i had already opened the driver's door and so i can get inside the boot by folding the rear seat. Thank God I was able to get home!!!

By the way we don't think at the time when it happens but AA or RAC can always be called and I am sure they don't charge for this though I am not 100% sure about the cahrges.

i was with the AA and my mate locked the keys in his boot so i phoned them, said i was traveling in his car (which i wasnt lol) and they opened it in erm 10 secs lol

i was with the AA and my mate locked the keys in his boot so i phoned them, said i was traveling in his car (which i wasnt lol) and they opened it in erm 10 secs lol

yes they are very good at it and trained to open doors when one gets accidently locked out!! Of course you have to be a member. and if you call local lock smith you might as well forget it, use a brick and it will be a lot cheaper!!!

i have a bunch of nissan keys ive accumulated from scrappers over the years so i just kept wiggling and trying those and eventually it opened.

cheers for all the replies anyway.

i locked my keys in mine lol, i just got a metal rod with the end bent into a ''U''and fed it down the drivers side exterior rubber seal on the window...manged to grab the metal rod that opens the locks and ''click'' the doors unlocked!

took sevral attepets..if you end up smashing a window, i have a set of rear fixed 1/4 you can have...

Just wondering, other than locking them in the boot, how does one go about locking their keys in the car?

By unlocking the passenger side door only, putting the key inside, then pushing the little lock button on the inside and closing the door.

The lock button on the inside of the drivers door won't lock with the door open to stop you locking your keys inside, but not on the passenger door.

Back