Keyless Entry Buttons

I'm about to order these for both doors (the boot is the only one that works).

Anyone have any experience changing the buttons? I've found the screw inside the door that holds them in place, but just wondering if they are simple plug and play, or need programming?

Nissan already want £35 just to fit the relevant lock to the passenger side one.

According to Nissan Parts (Glyn Hopkin of Watford) they are just plug and play, and what you get is the internals of the button - you just put the button in behind the existing handle/cover.

£21 plus VAT for the driver's side, £70ish plus VAT plus another £35 to make the lock fit your key for the passenger side. I decided to leave the passenger button not working, and ordered the driver's one. Not gonna be driving from the passenger seat after all...

Just the button, but they don't sell the passenger side button alone.

Actually I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to see if the lock works - it was loose (as in hanging off) when I got it... I just tightened it and thought nothing more.

I'll write up a tutorial over the weekend when I have some photos - it was too dark when I replaced the driver's side button today.

For future reference anyone who has a faulty passenger side keyless entry button, but the key lock cylinder still works fine, DO NOT BUY A PASSENGER SIDE BUTTON. You can remove the switch from a new driver's side unit, and fit it in the passenger side unit. It's a very easy 10-15 minute job.

I'll add this to my instructions over the weekend, as I should be able to pick up the second driver's side unit on Saturday morning.

Incidentally, the keyless entry is wonderful. Just press the button and open the door - love it! :)

Got exact same issue with my k12.
How much did it cost you in the end just to sort out the drivers side. I just need the button aswell.

£25ish. You get the button within the metal bit that makes the shape of the button end of the handle.

Changing it over was easy, except for the poor access behind the door card. You need a T27 or T30 torx key to remove and replace the securing bolt.

In basic terms (gotta get to bed!) -

Remove the door card (pop the handle tray out, remove the two bolts, unclip the bottom half, and lift the top off the window lip);
Remove the plastic grommet from inside the door (just above the latch mechanism);
Use the Torx key to loosen the screw - don't take it all the way out or you'll never replace it - just enough so the button section of the door handle comes out;
Reach into the inside of the door to unplug the wire of the old button (not easy but I did it with my sausage fingers);
Pull the button piece out, and use a flat head screwdriver to remove the coloured cover, and stick the cover on your new button piece;
Feed the wire through and secure the bit with the Torx screw;
Now the fiddly bit - reconnect the wires!
Put it all back together and enjoy never using the plip again ;)

I'll try and get photos tomorrow afternoon if it's not too chilly - gotta do my passenger one - but I don't think you'll struggle with it.

I'm going to be replacing my driver's side button this weekend (weather permitting). I've got the service manual and it suggests taking out the window runner in the side of the door, did you need to do this or can you work your way to the keyless button once you've got the door card off?

Don't want to resurrect this topic but thought it would be useful for the next one of us to clarify jads question.

Replaced the driver's side button this weekend and it was quite easy. Just unscrewed the torx screw from the side of the door (pic).
Then pulled the metal piece that holds the key barrel and button together (pic).
I didn't pull it out totally as it's linked somewhere else, but gave me enough space to take the keyless button out and put the new one in.

I then had an issue where the keyless system was still not working, even though I had tested the button with the multimeter. It turned out to be a bad contact inside the connector. I cleaned up the contacts and that did the trick. Fingers crossed.

By the way, the keyless buttons are the same for the front doors (driver and passenger). The one in the tailgate is different, even the connector is different.

Hope that helps,