Key programming coding

Hi all,
I am a new micra owner (the micra isn't new..) that came with only one key. It is a 2009 model, 3dr and i was hoping someone might knows how to program new key to the car? There are some info online but this one did not work fo me:

Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote control plip key. Some models may require the accelerator pedal to be held down through the procedure.

Procedure

1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.

2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.

3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning lights twice.

4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.

5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.

6. Release the unlock button.

7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.

8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key’s.

9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.

10. Remove key, and check all plip key’s for operation.

NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or plip keys has been received for 120 seconds.

Thank you

The only way I know of to program a new key to the nats system is either at a Nissan dealers or possibly through Timpsons car key service (there may be automotive locksmiths that can provide the service )

The only way I know of to program a new key to the nats system is either at a Nissan dealers or possibly through Timpsons car key service (there may be automotive locksmiths that can provide the service )
Thank you for the quick reply. I have phoned a few people up, prices vary quite a bit! Nissan dealership: £250, Car locksmiths (known): £180, Car locksmith (private): £100. I think i know which one i am going with. :)

Thank you for the quick reply. I have phoned a few people up, prices vary quite a bit! Nissan dealership: £250, Car locksmiths (known): £180, Car locksmith (private): £100. I think i know which one i am going with. :)
Hi, what’s the number for the guy who is charging £100? I’ve got a 07 Nissan Micra with square lock/unlock key and I’ve been getting prices over £210 which is ridiculous.

Back