Keeping a cool head...lol

Anybody recommend a good o.e spec radiator to use for racing?? Have the cg10 in a k10 running on a twinchoke downdraft weber.....its a bloody rocket but runs very very hot, especially after a couple of races (7000rpm + constant for 12-15 laps of 1/4 mile oval) am using the rad from a 4efte starlet at the moment but i honestly dont think its upto the job. Ally rads are not an option as anyone who races ovals will tell you, they get broken, frequently..lol. Am thinking big diesel, primera,avensis etc. i dont have a front panel as such so space not really too much of an issue

Have the same issues with the k11 racer that our slave (dont ask!!) uses but as this is a new build he is not too inclined to remove the front panel.

Any suggestions before i go hunting?

talkin with a friend who does a lot of work on drift cars, a 1jz chaser rad should fit with a bit of work and looking at a friends toyota levin 20v, their rad doesnt look like it would take much to fit and should easily be up to the task

Sent from... My phone

pollyp

Club Member
my turboed k11 1.3 that's running 160bhp at 10psi used to only last bout 3-4laps round castle combe before the gauge began to rise using the standard, and abit used, 16mm radiator found in manuals.

when i fitted a new thicker 26mm radiator from an automatic k11 for a pretty decent cheap price the overheating issue was fixed and could run round all day till i ran outa fuel or tyres :)

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-44#post-502988