Katalysator?!?!

Hi Guys,
We bought 2 lambdasonne to fix check engine light, and wanted to clear manifold. We opened the Cat and here is the result :
Did they emptied the cat for performance?
But how did we pass the TüV/MOT? 4 months ago.

Attachments

• 1ED67689-EFC2-4600-A4B3-CC0FDEED2975.jpeg
    1ED67689-EFC2-4600-A4B3-CC0FDEED2975.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 115
Probably like you say for performance by the uneducated lol, as for the pass my 1.3 is supposed to have 2 cats, the second of which was removed and the o2 senor Had packed up I replaced it with a bolt and it still passed emissions, mot guy stood scratching his head when he looked under the bonnet to see a 4 inch long bolt( only one the right size I had) stuck out the o2 port, one of those o2 extender plugs worked to get the light out on my mx5 but they’re trial by error may work may not

What year is your car?

Some years have 2 catalytic converters, some years only have 1

If yours had 2 to begin with, it may have passed the emissions test just on the performance of the one remaining

Mines a 98 which should have 2, I removed the second with my new system. Correct the cat on the manifold must be doing it’s job even with it being the original from new lol still surprises me it passed tho with no o2 sensor

Mine is 1.4 2000 November.

Is that mean I will never be able to fix my check engine light (P0420) ?

could try one of these in the second o2 port especially if it passed emissions as is, darn site cheaper than a cat tricks the sensor in thinking it has a lower reading by taking it out of the exhaust flow, worked for my mx5 but half ppl say it works half say they don’t
CFDF4E10-71CE-4836-8532-B97805BAD448.png
there are cheaper ones that’s the first that came up

OP
OP
Acoris
could try one of these in the second o2 port especially if it passed emissions as is, darn site cheaper than a cat tricks the sensor in thinking it has a lower reading by taking it out of the exhaust flow, worked for my mx5 but half ppl say it works half say they don’t View attachment 69396there are cheaper ones that’s the first that came up
Thanks I will check