• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Karl's Mazda 323

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i have to start this blog again :doh: sorry james........

Well the car was bought as a replacement for my sister so I could get Charlie back, but seeing as it's failed it's mot and the braking system is screwed, suspected master cylinder and possibly blocked lines I'm keeping it and going to have some fun with it.... Albeit a little slowly.....

The car.....
6109096647_d02fdb8863.jpg

6109095873_035fe52988.jpg

6109642626_7eb6647953.jpg

The plan for this car once I have somewhere to work on it will be to completely gut it and drop a K8-DE (1.8 V6) into it :grinning: but before that happens I'll be making sure the shell is solid, hence gutting it

End result if all goes according to plan will be a retro sleeper

:laugh: Congrats on the garage Karl!

If you are going down the V6 route what about the 2.5? Silky smooth power.

Just remember to do the timing belt before fitting the engine.

OP
OP
karlj
Going with the 1.8 K8 purely on the cost side of things

Engine will get a complete service before it goes in, new filters, belts, clutch and well you get the jist lol

But before that happens I'll be taking it to a bare shell and cleaning up any rust that's on it

40 a month? lucky git! is it from a friend or something?

but i guess area makes a huge difference lol

1317054600146.jpg

about this size?

OP
OP
karlj
yeah give or take it 8.5 foot by 17 foot but the guy is using around 2 foot for his stuff..... found it on a website and though result (Y)

mmm maybe im getting ripped off then? but i sure wont find anything else i dont think! but mines 9x19 with it all to me and a few icky spiders

OP
OP
karlj
Lol don't worry about clogging it up

Here she is in her new home
5ce82b0e-42ff-e235.jpg

You'll have to wait until the weekend for a better pic

It's a little tight but I only really need it to store the car so I can insure the yaris

OP
OP
karlj
Been thinking what I can do about fuel delivery for the v6(once it's fitted) seeing as at the moment I have a carb and I believe a mechanical out of tank fuel pump.

Does anyone think using a toyota/lexus (in car) tank is a good idea or should I just try using a mx3 (under car) tank

I'm looking for ideas where I don't need to worry about swirl pots, inline pumps and what not

what will said (Y) or if the mx-3 tank is a straight fit go with that. my garage is about the same size as yours and the same price :grinning: i do get some free spiders chucked in with that as well :laugh:

OP
OP
karlj
Well thanks to the missus' car deciding to die (god damn battery) nothing has been done to the mazda, why is it whenever I have plans something else comes up grr

OP
OP
karlj
Well still haven't done anything with it yet :down: but on the plus side I can get a v6 plus everything I need to run it for £200, hopefully it's still at the scrappies next weekend

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
Ah yes the 323BG, reminds me of the long 14months me and my friend spent restoring his 323BG 1.8 GT. Looked absolutly perfect until some jelous knob-rash chucked paint thinners all over it. Now it's in storage waiting for another re-spray. We bought and stripped another 1.8 GT in feb this year. Had a different body kit to his TWR kit (i think that's the name), so if you ever wanna put a GT kit on it dude, let me know and i'll i'll have words with him. (Y)
Oh yeah, please fix your breaks before you go putting a bigger engine in there, be safe man, always be safe with power.

OP
OP
karlj
yeah might be interested depending on the price.... haven't done sod all with it yet, just haven't had the time.... so no bigger engine yet and still got the crappy brakes lol

OP
OP
karlj
might be an idea, I need to find the bleeding procedure for it cause it's only the one side that won't bleed :down:

OP
OP
karlj
Picked up the seats today :grinning: and they are very close to a pair of sparco sprint juniors I had years ago except they are a lot lighter :grinning:

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
Ok karl apparntly it's a common problem when they have been stood around, and that the standard ones are worse because they have rear drums instead of disks all round. He say's you need to strip the callipers down every year or so, clean and grease everything just like you would do for a micra. If your drums are sticking then the rear shoes will be due for a change. He also informed me that the V6 you're planning to use from the next model on sounds wicked but doesn't have as much kick as the 1.8 efi 4-cylinder. So now you have an excuse to make it a twin turbo lol.

OP
OP
karlj
problem with the rears is they won't bleed no matter how much you pump the pedal no fluid will come out, don't put idea's in my head lol

so the mazda's booked in on the 18th for some work to be done at my friendly garage with the mot to follow after so it should pass (Y) also put the bucket seat covers in the washing machine and I really should not of looked at the water.... :sick:

Attachments

• 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 343
OP
OP
karlj
She's parked outside the house for the night then mot tomorrow :) only insured her for 3days so fingers crossed

good luck to you dude! are you just getting it on the road? and using it and not bothering with youe engine swap?

OP
OP
karlj
I'm undecided with what to do, do I get the Mazda sorted and keep it and play with it or get it back on the road so I can swap it for the super s.

I can't make my mind up :down: if I keep the Mazda then that would mean selling ALL my micra stuff and starting again. But I know I won't make my money back selling the bits I have cause we all know people are looking for bargains

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
Or tart the mazda up and sell it for a nice proffit and buy something cheap and reliable to swap the micra with like an old shape swift or something. You can so easily get into the habit of wanting to make every car you get into something special, i nearly fell into that trap. You just have to draw the line at some point and say, this car is the daily runner and that one is the show car. You can mod the hell out of that mazda but then it ain't gonna be practical for what you need. Anything that will add value to it is worth considering though.

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
So am I lol my dads got 2 remember the pics the White 700bhp one and the yellow lancer ex turbo classic :)
I'll link you the page I've just stuck it on eBay for breaking but I'd rather it go in one go tbh

OP
OP
karlj
So am I lol my dads got 2 remember the pics the White 700bhp one and the yellow lancer ex turbo classic :)
I'll link you the page I've just stuck it on eBay for breaking but I'd rather it go in one go tbh

How can I forget the lance is pure sex

Status
Not open for further replies.