• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Karl's Astra G

Charlie is in the garage. :cool:

The Vibe has been scrapped. :(

The Yaris was sold. :)

And I needed a car. :rolleyes:

This came up at a price I couldn't say no to and lets be fair £40 you wouldn't either.

8606006392_e791f467ed.jpg

8604904435_2374651344.jpg

8606005304_6360fe590b.jpg

Nice clean interior :D

8606009594_707ef53147.jpg

8604906373_bae62aeafb.jpg

These have to go!:mad:

8606007666_4087b6cb93.jpg

No plans for the moment just going to keep it well maintained and maybe a few choice aesthetic mods

My Dad was made redundant so said if I wanted it I could, at first he said for free but then decided he was getting himself a new car and asked me to fill the tank lol

Cheers, been looking at a few replacement parts

New bonnet, can't see it in the pictures but this one looks shoddy

New boot hatch as this one is dented

New wheels cause 15's look lost in the arches (if she lets me)

That's all for the moment

Well that's a kick in the teeth...

Just found out some low life has hit the front of my car, front bumper hanging off and the support bar bent.

So now I have to try and get a new support tomorrow without the use of a car

Exactly. I think the problem is, people treat their car like an applience. They don't think that it may be someone's pride and joy. I'm openly going to admit it, if someone hit my car, and didn't care about it, I'd probably cry. :L

I wouldn't call it my pride and joy :) but it is the only way I can get to work for midnight, taxi would cost a small fortune

Exactly. I think the problem is, people treat their car like an applience. They don't think that it may be someone's pride and joy. I'm openly going to admit it, if someone hit my car, and didn't care about it, I'd probably cry. :L
I did :(

Well that's a kick in the teeth...
Just found out some low life has hit the front of my car, front bumper hanging off and the support bar bent.
So now I have to try and get a new support tomorrow without the use of a car

That sucks <_< ...I hope that Mr Wayne Kerr has his Karma come around...if you know what I mean ;)

The damage is a tad worse than I first though.

Bumper reinforcement bar, air con radiator are bent and a bracket that holds the bumper corner in place has snapped

Going to have to ghetto fix it until I can sort it properly

The plus side is the bumper is fine.

I don't know if all the damage is from last night or from when my dad replaced it

So lets fix this damage..

Front bumper off (ish)

8654468317_5f029df9bc.jpg

The black bar is the bit that needs replacing, unfortunately I couldn't get a good enough picture to show how badly damaged it was.

The bumper support bar is touching the fan shroud, which has forced the a/c rad to bend in the middle

8655573680_bf78a3f910.jpg

And here's the point of impact

8655574794_897154940c.jpg

So after ringing around motor factors I finally managed to get a new support bar.

Less than an hour later, that's collecting it as well all was swapped and looking new.

Didn't get any pictures of the swap :(

Ok people really don't like this car...

Was loading up some dog food into the passenger side foot well and noticed some scum bag has keyed my car.... WTF people either don't like me or don't like the car :mad:

With almost 130k on the clock it's booked in for a cam belt change in a couple of weeks, going to be £220 lighter.

Also going to be servicing it this weekend as I haven't got a clue when it was last done.

Oh and I still have the chav-tastic wing mirrors

With almost 130k on the clock it's booked in for a cam belt change in a couple of weeks, going to be £220 lighter.

Also going to be servicing it this weekend as I haven't got a clue when it was last done.

Oh and I still have the chav-tastic wing mirrors
They're checquered Karl. Like the roof of a mini. You could do the cambelt yourself if theres roon in the bay...

I would but I don't have the right tools for the job and my thinking is if something goes horribly wrong I don't have to sort it the garage does

I've had my astra 5 years bud and in that time its had 3 new wing mirrors & been hit twice with me in it... dont think its you, i think they're all cursed!!

Well that's my mind put at ease :)

I never thought I'd like the car as much as I do, it's not exciting to drive but it's so easy it's unbelievable and being able to cruise at 70 and not have it screaming it's nuts off is the best thing.

Though I can't help but look at the arch gap and think "hmm coilovers are only £170" :)

They are a really comfy car, miss driving mine in a way!Just got fed up of putting oil in it! Its just sat outside looking sorry for itself :confused:

Keep that cash for the CGA-T lad!

The bank manager won't let me buy unnecessary items and for the moment I have to spend out for routine maintenance :( t

Which reminds me.... service kit turned up today so will have that done at the weekend.

Thanks Paul you reminded me I needed to check the oil... there wasn't any so that's now topped up will need to buy some more for the weekend

Thanks Paul you reminded me I needed to check the oil... there wasn't any so that's now topped up will need to buy some more for the weekend

No worries mate when i bought mine it had "Just" been serviced 3 miles down the road you could hear the cams / tappets... not even enough oil to touch the dipstick! wasnt a happy bunny, as they burn oil it tends to clog the throttle body / leave gunk in the intake.. i always ended up taking the intake ducting off & giving it a good clean right back to the TB

cos there all sheep like the dub lot its the same with corsa's, whats in ya corsa?
2.0l red top

sheeep lol

My car isn't serious.

I've got a bonnet that looks like its been polished with a Brillo pad, checkered ;) wing mirrors and a set of wheels with what could possibly be the worst paint job on here

Back