Ka Pao !!!!

Picked the car up a week ago and have just started on the long road to get it back up and running again (it hasn't been on the road since 2007), car doesnt start - it turns over but wont start, im hoping its stale fuel so im currently half way through dropping the tank and draining it to put some fresh in - which has been a nightmare because the tank was nearly full !! And ive also stripped most of the car so i can get on with doing the few bits of welding that it needs, i did think it was quite bad but after having a real poke around at the weekend i can see its not that bad so happy days !!

Now i need to figure out how to upload images !!

15bcruzOfb

Looking forward to your progress.
I picked up my first Pao last week and rust seems to be my main problem.
Can't wait for the weather to improve so I can crack on with it :)

stripped the inside out ready for work
That's exactly what I did to mine today.
Having a bit of a struggle with the back seats. How did you get the front of the seat base off. There seems to be plastic clips that hold it in place?

i struggled with the same part, it needs a wiggle and a pull straight upwards. One side slipped out fine but i had to yank the other and it brought the clip out with it, just hold it as close to the clip as you can so theres no chance of bending the seat frame.

Well that was one of my worst evenings spent working on a car ever. Re-fitted my freshly cleaned, flushed and painted petrol tank, new fuel pump and in line filters and was just having a quick look at the carb before trying to start the car and dropped a big amount of crud down into the carb. too much to risk running through the engine. So made a half arsed attempt at taking the carb off and left it in pieces last night and half off at an awkward angle jammed on something. The car came with a spare carb so not sure wether to rebuild that and swap them over but i cant gaurantee the spare or why its even there. Absolutely gutted. One step forward and two back!!

Anybody that can pointy me in the right direction for gaskets for the carb then your a hero.

Ive never taken a carb to pieces before so gutted i need to do this, if i do it and the car doesnt work then i will never know if it was good before or if i ruined it faffing around with it. What an idiot !!

Back