K12 wont start. Problem solved.

Hi. One morning the k12 did not start. It was spinning on the starter but did not start. Read all the threads found here on the forum and tested everything. But it did not start. Then remember an old Citroën who refused to start 15 years ago. The problem was a bad ground cable. Hmm it may be the same here. The black cable from the battery is stuck underneath the battery. I unlatched it and screwed it to another place. On the back mount that holds the battery. I can not swear that this solved my problem solely but immediately after I put the battery back the car starten without any problems. It was a week ago and it still rolls.

Hi. One morning the k12 did not start. It was spinning on the starter but did not start. Read all the threads found here on the forum and tested everything. But it did not start. Then remember an old Citroën who refused to start 15 years ago. The problem was a bad ground cable. Hmm it may be the same here. The black cable from the battery is stuck underneath the battery. I unlatched it and screwed it to another place. On the back mount that holds the battery. I can not swear that this solved my problem solely but immediately after I put the battery back the car starten without any problems. It was a week ago and it still rolls.
The fact that the starter spun over OK suggests that battery connection was fine. I'd be more inclined to think that there was an ECU software crash and disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it re-booted the system.........(the old computer favourite, turn it off and then turn it back on again)

so it may be. I'm just glad it rolls again. It stood without battery for a few days earlier without starting. It started when I moved the ground cable. Perhaps a coincidence who knows?

Back