k12 wheels

R

rollerball

hi just got a k12 1.4sx in red looks ok but want some bigger wheels anyone know what size u can go up to with out them rubbing,i work at the nissan factory on the k12 line u would think i knew

B

Bling micra

Id go for 17s if you dont want them to rub. Got 215/35/18s on mine and theyre 7 1/2 in wide. Lowered 30mm last week as was looking like a space buggy! Sometimes catching on front inner arches when turnin so they need sorting and with 2 peeps in front the width of the tyres in the back arches are hitting them over bumps so they need sorting to. Looks ace though.

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
I've just serviced a red K12 SX today, which had 17" Fox's on. I'm not sure how far you could go with lowering though... as this one had standard suspension.

-Elliot

B

Bling micra

My brothers after a r33 sometime in his life! Do you work for nissan so I can quiz your brain about my car? Own a 1.2 sx. 2003 plate. Had a few little probs with it.

nismo_k12

Ex. Club Member
you can get upto 18's on it. but im not sure what the profile of the tyre is and you have to put spacers on so that the wheel doesnt touch the bar behind it.

B

Bling micra

Cheers elliot. Will do. You like your nissans then?

Im not sure which bars you mean Ian. My profiles are 215/35 only thing theyre hitting are my back inner arches where they stick out. Rolling them should sort it.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
actually why not ask all questions publically so everyone can benefit ? :)

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
That's a good idea Ed. :) I should be able to answer any questions on them really... even though the K12's are a pain. :glance::laugh:

-Elliot

B

Bling micra

Nice one Ian.

Elliot I will be thinking. Just got back from 12 hr shift and brain not functioning yet! :sleepy:Will be on msc tomorrow.

B

Bling micra

They're a pain? Im assuming that means nothing too serious?! Q 1. Should your front drive shafts 'clonk' when setting off in first gear?fwn

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
By a pain, I meant that they are a little difficult to work on. Seeming as though most of the parts on the car are off a Clio (Check the Renault logo under the wingmirrors!).

Regarding the driveshafts, we haven't had any cars come in with any kind of problem. Are you sure it's the driveshafts?

-Elliot

OP
OP
R

rollerball

thanks for the help lads think i will go for the 17s.
take it back to the dealer and tell them what happens maybe they can find something

B

Bling micra

Dealer have had a look on the ramps and visibly there is no damage. Example if you pull out of a junction quickly a car is very likely to wheelspin with tyres on the road. My suspension just clonks. Which other part do you suggest it could be? Nissan refused to take if for a test drive and between the 03 plate and 04 plate nissan have modified or changed something as both courtersy 04 plates I have taken out do not clonk and were both 1 litre engines?o_O

Be nice to get is sorted. Wanting bigger power out of car next year and don't think the clonking would be good. Any comments would help.

Thanks

RickBlackK12

Ex. Club Member
Hi Bling

Have you fitted a lowered set of springs yet ?.

& if so did the clonk start at the same time ?.

Just an idea as looking at the front springs they can be fitted upside down as the top cup is about 5mm smaller on my 04 built K12.

Regards
Rick:eek:

B

Bling micra

Ooo thats interesting. Nah its been doing it since we bought it but nissan made the excuse as you would expect...that it was my fault since Id put the bigger wheels on...the idiots! They think people are stupid. It is doing it less now with the bigger wheels on...and its lowered too now.

RickBlackK12

Ex. Club Member
Hi Bling

I also have an 03 1.2s (wife's) and it don't clonk for me.

I would say that if i give either car a lot of throttle from a standing start that there are a few noises as the tyres scrabble for grip,(tires seem to vibrate up & down rather than spin up like most cars) sort of clonking but i would guess it's the lower suspension arm design as it does not use a tie bar to keep the wheels from moving back and forth during very hard acceleration.

The parts in the front suspension on both my 03 & 04 have exactly the same part numbers on their build stickers so the only changes could be in the rubber bushes themselves if there has been a change.
(there would usually be a superceded part number listed)

The only parts changed between 03 & 04 appear to be seat back release cables & front seat runners etc & the front lip spoiler is now bolted on rather than clipped through 4 of it's 10 fixing holes:glance:

I went through the Parts slides & manual today and there is absolutely no mention of a change.
the only one with different part number for the lower arm is the 82 bhp DCi Diesel model from sept 03 onward. (i would guess that the bushes are harder) as the arm is the same part number on 2 cars i checked today.

Put your original wheels back on and try another nissan dealer is my advice.

I had a nightmare today fitting the foglamp kit to my 1.4SE
(not an easy job at all but got them on in the end)

I thought the kit would include a new lighting/indicator stalk and was very shocked when the whole steering column switch assembly was supplied!. (retail on the kit is about £170 +vat but i managed to get one for £120 including Vat.:p

A lot but the SE does not come with front fogs and i am not paying 4 hours labour for fitting.
(took 2 hours but i work in a nissan bodyshop).

Regards
Rick

B

Bling micra

Thanks for that but yep definitely does clonk. Its strange. My mum can vouch for the clonking too. All the car shakes. Don't think another nissan dealer would touch it once the arches are rolled or cut for the 18s.

Your a bunch of useful guys on here aren't ya! Thanks for all your advice. More questions soon! :upside:

B

bobee

my car clonks sometimes when going from standstill, and then it makes a noice like metal grinding and snapping, only happens when i am puttin a fair few revs into it,

i find just finding the bite, then putting the revs in and lifting off, works without clonking.

scared me senseless first time it happened mind..

OP
OP
R

rollerball

my does to from a standing start it sounds like the wheels r bouncing and there is a clonking 2 ,instead of just spinning and i still have the standard wheels on