K12 Tweeter

Does anyone here have a K12 with Tweeters?

Mine doesn't have them as standard but I'm wishing to add some.

There's a cable behind the door panel that goes to where the tweeters would go, however, I don't know whether I can simply use this and add some tweeters myself?

Any ideas?

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
i would say you can from looking at the wiring diagrams for the k12 audio the models with tweeters simply have them spliced off the wiring to the front door speakers so adding them would be simple were you looking to add standard k12 tweeters ?

OP
OP
U
Possibly.

I've been told though that a crossover is needed for tweeters, I've looked at the wiring diagram myself and seen what you've seen, there doesn't appear to be a crossover in place.

Does your Micra have the factory fitted tweeters? If so, can you see if these have a crossover built in?

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
mine did have factory fitted tweeters i have since upgraded the door speakers i couldn`t find any crossovers behind the doorcards when i had them off so connected my aftermarket crossovers to the existing wiring for the main speakers and get good sound out of them :)

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
the speakers i used were mutant mth6-c i think you may need to use spacers i have custom made some doorcards because i wanted them on show :) any 6.5" component speaker set should fit and will come with speakers tweeters and crossovers. i`ll get some pics later to show you my setup :)

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
majority of what i`ve done is cosmetic easiest way is probably to veiw my blog
see here !
thats pretty much upto date will be doing more work this weekend weather permitting :) so hopefully be able to update then
will get them pictures later for you gotta find the camera first ;)