K12 stereo wiring diagram?

Hi I've got a 2002 Nissan March K12.

The car is currently fitted with an aftermarket stereo from early 2000 and has an aftermarket wiring harness. Unfortunately matching the wires from the existing aftermarket wiring and my new wiring has not worked.

I've just purchased a Pioneer stereo and need the original K12 stereo wiring diagram so I can hard wire my new stereo in.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram? Will add pics soon.

Thanks

I haven't looked through the whole thing yet but, there may be a wiring diagram in the Service manual (PDF)
click on the very last full stop. on Guy's K12 website Homepage to download it ;)

http://www.micrak12.com/

Might take some searching though :oops: , there's quite a lot in there :p

Good luck

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
The cool thing about the K12 is that the stereo plug is bonafide ISO so should be bog standard :).

OP
OP
K
12576828.jpg

12576819.jpg

Thanks guys still having a few probs... have wired new stereo to old aftermarket stereo wiring but headunit won't turn on.

Have used a multimeter and there is constant power from yellow wire - have gone yellow to yellow / red to red / black to black etc. Any thoughts on blue?

There's no power coming from red / blue when ignition is turned and there is no response from headunit with everything test wired.

Hmmm I haven't got a clue about wiring...it sounds as though something has not connected right if there's no power (sorry that's kinda obvious *facepalm*)
Did the unit work before, I mean the one you're replacing?
is the pioneer new, or is it second hand? (is there an issue with that new unit, perhaps)
did you get any indication of what each wire is with the new system?...I suppose the colours may not always be the same thing?....

I'm being very unhelpful <_< sorry

I have got the wiring diagram from the Haynes Manual for you though ^_^ not the best picture but it's all there (haynes manual 03-07 K12 micra)
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/K12audiowiring_zps1ea807ab.jpg

tried to upload to imageshack so it wouldn't get shrunk
...apparently the forum I used to frequent, 4 years ago, is still using it to host button and header images :rolleyes: ...and I've just changed the password...whoops :p

would it be a viable option to get a replacement bunch of wires from a scrapped K12...or perhaps a new connecting loom adapter thing from the local autofactors (o Halfrauds :p)
...alot of those wires in the images you've posted look as though they were a bit messy before you even looked at them?

OP
OP
K
Possible issue with red 12v ignition wire - no power when key is turned... only 12v from yellow mains wire... but there's a catch.

OP
OP
K
on mine i had to put red wire and yellow wire on radio together then join both of them to yellow wire on car the red wire on car wasnt needed

Thanks Jools - I did as you said (putting red / yellow on radio together and connected to yellow wire from car) and managed to get the stereo to turn on! All the speakers worked etc!

Only problem is that radio turns on (and won't turn off) - without key turned in ignition.

Why do you think there is no power being sent from red 12V ignition wire when key is turned?

Do I need to find another 12V ignition source such as the cigarette lighter so when key turns the headunit switches on?

If that is the case - what wiring setup should I use?

e.g. Connect spliced red / yellow wire from headunit to positive wire on cigarette lighter?

Thanks in advance!

Gidday - I've just done a stereo swap in my 2004 Jap import. I had the diagram but in the end it was quicker to go to Repco and buy their Nissan audio harness and their JVC harness and plug it straight in for a cost of about $40. Pretty sure they will have a Pioneer harness too if you want to save yourself the hassle. Supercheap Auto do something similar too. Cheers

Can some confirm that the head unit wiring has a Speed Sense, Illumination, Hand Break, Reversing Wire and Clock Spring (Steering wheel control) wires. I'm getting difficulty in finding a Wiring Diagram that matches my radio. It a JAP , import with a Mini Disc player.

Gidday - I've just done a stereo swap in my 2004 Jap import. I had the diagram but in the end it was quicker to go to Repco and buy their Nissan audio harness and their JVC harness and plug it straight in for a cost of about $40. Pretty sure they will have a Pioneer harness too if you want to save yourself the hassle. Supercheap Auto do something similar too. Cheers
Hi can you tell me which wiring harness you purchased, I have the same issue in a 2004 Japanese import March, there is a 7 pin and a 4 pin factory wiring plug. Are Repco still going, their website seems to be down.