• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

K12 sport+

Hello, i'm 16 and have recently bought a Micra K12 1.2 Sport+ for my first car.
I wanted something different to what a few of my friends have bought for their first cars and a K12 came to mind.

here are a few pictures of the car when it was bought:

outside:

d19b87599cc1525bf738f849e5180717.jpg

20121231_150146.jpg

DSCN0162_zpse6be9b2c.jpg

inside:

20121231_150729.jpg

:)

your link didn't quite work.... ^_^

ETA: Oohhh looking good ;)
...I nearly got a "Techno grey" 1.2 sport + too ^_^
7e133a095ec7e5786f6c4f303231da69.jpg

I got a white dci instead though :p

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
My images wont load for some reason! How did you load that one? Your dci looks awesome in the picture, love them in white.

Link now fixed. You were trying to link the whole photobucket album using an image tag, which wont work.

Easiest thing to do it use the 'insert image' function above and click on the 'Direct Link' box within Photobucket which is displayed on the right hand side menu. then paste the copied link into the text window, so it will link the individual image instead :)

as Low rider said you simply posted the wrong link
...the photobucket page should bring up a list of links for you to use on forums and stuff IMG/HTML/direct etc...
...I use photobucket alot...you'll get the hang of it don't worry ;)

Thanks...I Had to have a white one...went 240 miles to get her ^_^ (portsmouth to stockport)
I was looking at 2 local to me...about the same price both 3dr, Techno Grey, 1.2 £4750-£4995 (this was back in 2009) one was 55 (05) plate with just 24,000 on the clock the other was an 06(06) plate and had 54,000 on the clock...but they weren't white...and didn't cost just £30 to tax for the year LOL

one of my favourite pictures of my baby.... http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/DSC00121a.jpg

...mildly "shopped" :p http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/IMG_1725-1.png

so.... how long till you're 17 and can actually work up to the actually driving part of owning a car? ^_^
I'm sure peeps on here are happy to help with Theory revision ;)

link still not quite right, you'll get there :p
...do you mean this one?...first on that search page?
http://ichiyon.net/images/japan/2/P1000541.jpg
Haven't seen that one before...very nice... bet mine's better though LOL XD (I wish)

Oh nice...not long to go then...have you booked some lessons? or is someone in your family/friend/neighbour gonna teach you?

i will haha! yeah thats the one, i can't stop looking at it O_O.
it is nice!!!!
nope, about a month and a few weeks the i should be sorted:)
having a week or two in my car and then having lessons! not point wasting money on things i can get done for free:)

That's cool...getting used to your own wheels is awesome...you're very lucky...
I didn't have my own car until I was 19... almost 18 months after I passed my test <_<

Obviously my first car was a Micra and I have never owned anything else (not a Micra) since
I nearly bought a Corsa when I was looking in 2009!!!...Blasphemy or what, huh? LOL
It was a 1.0 and had a go faster stripe as well...oh the shame *Facepalm*

Good luck with it...let us all know how you're getting on ;)

yup, i can't wait:) not that long if you think about it!
it was the same for me, either this or a corsa c 1.2;) in my eyes the micra was a better looking car anyway! i think they look awesome.
god help you if you bought that corsa;) get a go faster stripe for the micra hahahah:p
thank you! will do.
are my pictures working now?^^^

japanese first cars are not only better, but cheaper to insure.

literally every single one of my friends got a corsa c (retards) and i got... a yaris!

i got a fair bit of stick for it, but when mine came out like:

389031_10151030251596435_1662380929_n.jpg

and thiers were breaking down:

426811_10150652781056435_557151362_n.jpg

they soon stopped laughing.

all im gonna say from experience is that a car is what you make of it, people laugh about other cars like micra's and yaris' because they are of older folk or lady folk or whatever, but change thier tune when you've made it for yourself and it doesnt adhere to the usual consensus.

Spot on that is mate. People have asked me 'why did you buy a micra?' And its simple.. I would rather have something abit different and not be mainstream. The yaris looks cool mate! Good luck with your micra:) hopefully with some coilovers and wheels mine will be looking awesome!

yeah i was thinking of turbo'ing the 1NZ-FE engine. but they cant take too much boost, so i might put a 4efte in or even go as far as to plop in a b16.

Recently bought a Nardi Steering wheel from www.driftworks.com
TRS two strap. (not for the front or back) its for my seat leaver.
nismo badge.

Picture update:

Steering wheel:

4116c50e49321409cc3c6783991fb44f.jpg

8943fb5d88d30ce929714e44b5063e3f.jpg

20130105_204957.jpg

TRS on the seat: (this was done because of boredom)

IMG_20130104_153044.jpg

Nismo badge:

IMG_20130104_151531.jpg

:)

Nardi wheel looks awesome! and i like the TRS tow strap idea!

i really need to get my finger out and order a Key!s wheel even if i just have it to own it, theyre so sexy hah!

Gonna say personally I would declare all mods, but considering a few members snip their springs people might say otherwise

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

When you do an insurance quote, you have a option to add mods, for me the only mod which affects price is lowering springs, but this may be different for you!

if you are thinking of doing mods i would suggest Adrien flux personally!

Nice Car!, might get one in that colour!

Hope to see you passed!, micras are far superior to corsa's anyway!, corsa's engines are crap! ;)

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
here is cheap insurance = get a cheap ins cover = the car you want get = register it on mum dad uncle aunty name = on their ins policy coverd = now you can drive that car with permission of owner and are cover'd (read your policy fine print to verify)

Dont see the point in declaring mods when my insurance is skyhigh anyway! Thats just gay lmao! Thanks mate! Yeah!
If you don't declare your mods you will, by default, be breaching your legal contract with your insurer and be classed as uninsured
...if you have to make a claim, or someone claims against you...you are screwed.
add your parents/auntie whatever as a named driver this will, more often than not, lower your premiums
ask for a quote for Fully comp first...this makes insures see/think that you give a crap and are less of a risk
don't insure Your car as only a named driver/not policyholder as that is also deemed insurance fraud
unless your car is gonna be used my your mum most of the time? o_O

If you don't declare your mods you will, by default, be breaching your legal contract with your insurer and be classed as uninsured
...if you have to make a claim, or someone claims against you...you are screwed.
add your parents/auntie whatever as a named driver this will, more often than not, lower your premiums
ask for a quote for Fully comp first...this makes insures see/think that you give a crap and are less of a risk
don't insure Your car as only a named driver/not policyholder as that is also deemed insurance fraud

I know about all that! Im not declaring mods! Anyway, i only have a steering wheel? Why you all getting stressed. Lmao x

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Jen only gays declare ..

Micra turbo... init

i had a crash when my yaris was on coilovers, i declared everything to them, and they definitely checked, insurance companies will do anything possible to get out of it, just dont want to see people risk anything.

I have everything on my car declared, and its not just you your covering with your insurance its the other person too! boy that used to come to our car meet had a redtop corsa and wrapped it round a renault scenic when the owner was putting his child in the car, guy with the scenic luckly survived his back is buggered tho putting him out of work and his kid was luckly okay, the boy in the corsa was in a comma and his girlfreind was tough and go for a while but becuase he had his redtop not undeclared his insurance was void so the guy with the scenic is out of work and cant pay for his bills and has no car. pretty much ruined his life.

Just wondering if you've done any more to it since last posting?
Mine is virtually identical, same year, colour, model - might officially be mine to mess around with some point before September - just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on colours that go well with the grey, not seen any in person that have been modded [even just paint wise].

Just wondering if you've done any more to it since last posting?
Mine is virtually identical, same year, colour, model - might officially be mine to mess around with some point before September - just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on colours that go well with the grey, not seen any in person that have been modded [even just paint wise].

I'm not sure Willy is likely to return...note the mass of epic fail within the thread... :oops:

Shame really, I love the gun metal grey...I almost got myself a 1.2 in this colour too :p

...although it's Silver, a good K12 too look at for Idea's is probably BigJord's ;)
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/a-few-pics-of-my-sport.51987/#post-529556
...also Slimothy has a lovely Red 160SR... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151021293700503.779850.830500502&type=3&l=abbf3a1d31
also Guy has a Black dci... http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/no-more-wheel-trims-yay.52004/
...he used to have a 160SR...it developed issues from what I've read :(
...mine's....white ...as you can see :p I'm not really much of a modder as such, just painted the callipers red....
and yesterday put black film on my B-pillars so it has the K12c look across the side view ^_^

h701micra

Deactivated Account
I think he should go buy a corsa/saxo and join that crowd. More suited for him.
Not declaring things ticks me off big time. Hit my car with my kids in... uninsured... if the crash dont kill you I will ;) just a heads up