K12 Sport+ Single Din Conversion

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
So, I've had my K12 for a few months now and it's still fitted with the 6 CD changer that comes in all K12 Sport+ models and I'm not a big fan.

I first thought about fitting it with a Nissan Connect system like they have on the newer micras, the higher end Notes and a few other Nissans, especially after being told that it's pretty much a straight forward swap. But for the life of me I can't track one down (so if anybody knows where I can get hold of one then do tell!)

But I have a JVC KD-R321 head unit lying around that I installed in my K11. It'd be great to fit it in my K12 but it's got a double-din, something that annoyed me as my mum's K12 Activ has a single-din CD player.

To get to the point, is there any kind of single-din adapter I can get to fit into the space of the double din changer? I've had a search around but nowhere seems to have anything because most micras had the single-din stereo. Which brings me on to my next point, how easy it to acquire a proper single-din dashboard part, made by Nissan? I've been trying to convince my mum to swap hers with mine as she only uses the stock stereo but she's told me no several times and I think she's starting to get annoyed.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm tempted to find my nearest scrapyard and see if I can salvage one off a trashed Micra, but that seems like a lot of hassle if I can get a new one or just something to insert into the double-din gap.