K12 SPOILER

M

microtastic

[fHELP CAN ANYBODY PLEASE TELL ME IF THEY HAVE FITTED AN SX REAR SPOILER TO STANDARD MICRA AND WAS IT SUCCESFUL THANKS VERY MUCH REGARDS
MICROTASTIC:down:eek:nt=Arial]

Hi Microtastic

The SX has 2 holes moulded into it's rear window glass through which the spoiler is screwed.
(others on this forum said it's not but checked 4 (54 plate) SX's at local dealer and every one has 2 large black cross head screw through the glass into the spoiler so i know i'm not telling porkies).

You can fit the SX spoiler to any K12 but it needs to be fitted with structural sealer.
I have done mine but you cannot drive the car for about 4 to 8 hours (overnight Prefably)
as it's the same stuff that bonds the windscreen to the body.

My dealer quoted me about £175 + vat for the SX spoiler
(they will sell you it for £150 including Vat if you haggle)

The Nismo rear spiler is just about identical but a fair bit cheaper if you can find one.

Regards
Rick

RickBlackK12 said:
Hi Microtastic

The SX has 2 holes moulded into it's rear window glass through which the spoiler is screwed.
(others on this forum said it's not but checked 4 (54 plate) SX's at local dealer and every one has 2 large black cross head screw through the glass into the spoiler so i know i'm not telling porkies).

Yep the SX does have two holes in the rear window for the screws. It also has little catches on the top edge that clip onto the metal part of the boot.

Also if you do buy a SX spoiler make sure you get the newest version as the one that is on my 04 SX blocks the rear washer slightly. This has been fixed with the newer SX spoiler (or so I have heard anyways).

Hi Rick
Did you use the sx fittings at the top ie the nylon bobbins and the pop rivetts? cheers,
Steve.

Attachments

• DSC_0727.JPG
    DSC_0727.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 289
  • DSC_0728.JPG
    DSC_0728.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 281
Hi Steve

I didn't want to make any holes in the metal part of my tailgate.

I just used 1 hour 3m windscreen bonding stuff from work. ( i work in a bodyshop).

It's been on 3 weeks now and would i think damage the tailgate if i tried to remove it.
(sorry just saw Private message asking about spoiler fitting):glance:

Time to get back on the Bikes:p Masterbiker as the suns out for once.
No problem with washer jet clearance so must have been lucky:p

Regards
Rick

RickBlackK12 said:
Time to get back on the Bikes:p Masterbiker as the suns out for once.
No problem with washer jet clearance so must have been lucky:p

Regards
Rick

It aint been sunny in scotland! I haven't been on the bike for ages. There must be a village bike here somewhere....

Back